"We have all of these, then--" the cashier led you to another display case. "These ones are our vegan options."

"Yeah, we need vegan," Gray said, hands in his pockets, playing with his keys inside. You walked up to the glass, reading the names of the flavours. You grinned, pointing, fingers pressed to the glass.

"They have vegan funfetti!" you exclaimed. Grayson chuckled.

"Can we try some of that?" he asked, pointing. The lady nodded and cut you a slice, handing you a fork as well. Gray took the little plate and handed you the fork. You took a bite grinned. "Me?" he asked, opening his mouth.

Smiling you fed him a piece, half of it falling back onto the plate. He chuckled. "It's so good," you whispered, taking the rest of the test piece to eat. He smiled.

"Can we try the red velvet too?" he asked. The lady nodded and cut him a slice of that as well. He reached for the fork in your hand. You let him take it and he tried the red velvet cake. You raised your eyebrows.

"Hm?"

"That one's better," he said, letting you try some of the velvet. "What about chocolate?"

"I think we should go with this one," you said with a smile. He laughed as he was handed a slice of chocolate. You finished up with the funfetti and returned to take the first bite of the chocolate. Your eyes lit up.

"Yeah?" he asked. You let him have a bite and his eyes raised. "Yes."

"Chocolate?" you asked. He nodded.

"Chocolate it is." He smiled, shaking his head. "We're so bland." You smiled.

"Why go all out when the best is right in front of you?" you asked. The baker chuckled. "This would be good for three weeks, right?" you asked. She nodded.

"Yup, we have no other wedding cake orders any time soon, so it should be good-- just chocolate then? No layers?" You thought. You hadn't thought about layers. Stuck, you stared at the display case.

You felt Gray drop a hand on your shoulder and looked up. "How about," he began, "we do two layers; one of the funfetti and then one of the chocolate?" You nodded.

"Does that work?"

"Sure-- custard for the filling?" You shook your head.

"She doesn't like custard," Gray filled in. "We can do white icing right, between the layers." The baker nodded, scribbling it all down.

"But no fondant," you said. "You don't like fondant." Gray nodded.

"I don't." You smiled.

"The same icing, then?" The baker asked. "As the filling?" You nodded.

"And our names, yeah?" You nodded.

"Can I get you to write that for me?" she asked. You nodded and Gray took her little notepad and pen. "You two look really cute together."

"Thank you," Gray said with a smile. You smiled as he wrote your names down, as neat as he could.

y/n & grayson bolan

You laughed, taking the pen from him, fixing his d. "Oh, crap," he mumbled. You smiled and handed the pen and pad back. She read it aloud.

You gave her the dates and the location of the wedding for it to be delivered, and she handed Gray the bill for the testing. You stood behind him as he paid for it all and you sighed, walking out of the little shop.

"Now that's out of the way," you said as he opened the van door for you. You slid in and he shut the door, walking to the driver's seat.

"Yup," he sighed. "Now we just have to wait for the thing to- how'd your dress thing go?" he asked, suddenly remembering. "Fits and everything?"

"Nope, maybe just one more adjustment," you said with a smile. He nodded.

"What about like, shoes and stuff? Jewelry?" You smiled.

"I have some stuff in mind." He nodded. "How are things going with the venue; it's all set, right?" Gray nodded.

"Yup, all good-- we can walk straight in on the day of and it'll be set." You smiled. "And E said that-- well, Elle's dress is gonna need some fixing." You smiled.

"Oh?"

"She ripped it while e/w tried to get it on." You laughed, shaking your head.

"Of course she did." Gray chuckled. "Well, okay, next time you come, bring it and the seamstress should be okay to fix it, right?" He shook his head.

"They're coming to visit mom in a few days so I think they'll bring it then." You nodded. "Elle's been saying your name, over and over again." You smiled wide.

"Really?"

"Yeah-- all the talk's about the wedding so, it's just been 'y/nn, y/nn, y/nn,'" he said with a smile. You loved that she had a nickname for you.

"She's too cute." Gray nodded and sighed, pulling up to your apartment. "Are you heading home?" you asked him. He nodded.

"I'm gonna get my stuff and get an uber to the airport-- you have two parking spaces, right?" You nodded. "Can I just leave the van here?"

"Sure," you said with a smile. "And I'll drop you off at the airport." He shook his head.

"I can just get a--"

"That's a waste; let's get your things and drive back in my car." He nodded and headed down to your underground parking. He parked, right next to yours in the lot that you'd always kept empty.

You were in and out once again, just for Gray to grab his things and you to get a sip of water in before heading back down. The car ride was spent in silence, you driving and Gray playing with his fingers in his laps, occasionally texting E.

"Alright," you whispered, pulling up to his terminal. You sighed, getting out to open the trunk for him, and he pulled his bag out.

"Thank you," Gray said, setting his bag down. You smiled and gave him a hug. It was a long hug too; a little awkward but it didn't seem like he was letting go. "I'm excited, you know," he whispered.

"For?"

"Our wedding." You left your cheek pressed up against his shirt, not wanting to look up at him. "Are you?"

"I am," you said. You weren't sure if you were lying or not. You were excited, to some extent. You just weren't excited for all the awkwardness to come after.

"Yeah," he whispered, holding you close. "I can't wait."

"For what part?" He sighed.

"I don't know, all of it?" You played with your hands behind his back. "I can't wait to see you in your dress." This made you smile the slightest.

"Yeah?"

"I bet you'll look beautiful." You pressed your face further into his chest and he chuckled. "What-- are you all flustered now?" He tapped his fingers against the small of your back.

"No, it's just--"

"Grayson!" He turned and you pulled away from you. "Oh my gosh, we're huge fans-- can we get a picture?" You stepped away as he took pictures with the girls that had asked. You smiled.

"Well, I've got a flight to catch," he said with a smile. They nodded and bidded their goodbyes after one last hug. He turned back to you. "Okay then."

"Text me when you land," you said with a smile. He nodded and picked up his duffel bag, leaning forward to kiss you on the cheek.

"Bye, y/n."