chapter 28

Chapter 28

Zainab's POV

Lami sat on a chair in front of the court because of her physical condition she couldn't stand. She had a black eye on her left eye, her face was still slightly swollen. Her eyes went to her deranged husband. Adam's eyes were pleading with her she averted her gaze and look straight at the judge whose eyes were on the papers on his desk.

"Proceed." He said to miss Ola.

"Thank you." She appreciated and started her presentation again. "Your honor this is Lami Bature, the accused wife. If you look at Lami closely you will see how battered she is. She doesn't look like an happy wife to me."

"Tell us your story Lami."

"My name is Lami bature previously Lami Ibrahim. I was forced to marry Mr Adam here because my stepfather believed having Adam father as his in law is a massive achievement even though he knew the monster Adam is so he got me, his step daughter to marry the monster. My marriage with Adam has been hell. Every day I received beating for no good reason, I received insults from him, he forces himself on me. My first pregnancy was aborted because of him he beat me up to a pulp saying he doesn't want to be a father yet. I lost the baby because of him.

"My second pregnancy the same thing happened I had another miscarriage now the doctor said I should not try to get pregnant again or i might not make it. all because of this horrible man. As you can see your honor I'm not in a good state now I'm injured all over and in intense pain just because I saw him murder a prostitute he brought home. I was there I saw how he brought out a knife and stab the girl repeatedly, she didn't deserve a death like that. It was horrible. I just stood there watching i was numb I couldn't make a sound or move because of the shock of seeing life slip away from someone. When he eventually found out that I saw everything He beat me up and left me for dead but I was lucky that I had met attorney Bisiola some day ago and she gave me her contact card. I was able to call her and she came to my rescue." She wipe her tears with the back of her hand.

"Your honor I can boldly tell this court that Adam Modibo Bature is quilty as charged. He was infatuated with Zainab the moment he met her. That infatuation later turned to an obsession. He's a mad man your honor. Adam I just want to say that you hurt me not break me. I'm not under your mercy and I'm stronger than you give me credit and I hope you rot in jail. That is all your honor."

She was dismissed and one could tell that she is really affected by this. The woman won't be able to have children again and that could really bring any woman down. I feel so sorry for her.

"Your honor there is a man Bande who was sent by Adam to spy and inform him on Zainab every move. He confessed this to the authority and I have his statement right here." Miss Ola submitted the copy of the statement to the secretary

Dreadlock guy was indeed working with Adam. How terribly fascinating.

"I'll give the two attorney a chance to sum up their arguments." The judge announced

"Your honor I'll like you to see the good man my client is and disregard this false accusations against him." Adam attorney sum up.

"Your honor you've seen the evidence and heard the arguments. Your honor I demand Justice be served to at least appeased all the women this heartless man has hurt. Thank you." She sat back down.

"I've heard all the arguments presented and I adjourn the final judgement to August first." The judge declared dismissing the court room.

"All arise as the honourable judge. leaves." The secretary announced.

We all stood up to give our respect to the judge.

"My daughter you are an excellent lawyer." My father praise miss Ola.