“Can I ask questions yet?” I asked quietly. Jaxton nodded at me a scared look on his face, “So all of this was fake? I was just a pawn for you guys? What will happen to me when I meet with the Elders? Did I mean anything to you Jaxton? Was any of what I thought I had with you real?” Jaxton’s mouth parted slightly, a broken look on his face. August cleared his throat, and Jaxton straightened up his face going carefully blank.

    “This wasn’t all faked, we did like you and the pack members you saw were real. We didn’t mean to use you, it just worked into our plans really well.”  August paused, thinking, “We don’t know what will happen with the Elders, most Omegas end up working with them, helping to solve crimes and keep peace with packs. I can’t speak for Jaxton’s feelings towards you, but I do know he was positively giddy to have met you and was the most happy we have seen since we came here.”

    “Can I just go back to the house now? I’d rather not sit in a room with a dead body in it and I would like to take a shower.” I stood and walked away from the room, not bothering to wait for their response.

    I walked away from the pack house, taking deep breaths of the autumn air to help me calm down. What am I supposed to do now? Would the Elders let me go back to my old pack? Would I be able to after seeing so much and what I did to Matthias would I be welcomed…?

    What should I do about Jaxton? Did he actually like me or was everything a lie? How was I supposed to trust him when his job involves lying? I opened the front door after typing in the code, it was two right now, and after everything I couldn’t bring myself to eat something.

    I went upstairs and picked out a new pair of underwear before heading into the main bathroom. I didn’t have any shampoo or conditioner to use so I decided to just rinse off. I started the shower and stripped down, putting on music so it would be easier to stop thinking. 

    It’s stuff like this that really made me wish I smoked weed. I would be able to calm down easier, but the smell is too strong for my sensitive nose. Most of the time I bake when I’m stressed out, I like the repetitive motion and it always tastes amazing.

    Bound to you by Christina Aguilera started playing when I stepped into the warm shower. I sang along to the music loudly, as if the sounds could drown out my thoughts. Sadly all the beautiful love song did was make memories of Jaxton flash into my mind.

    The male in front of me cleared his throat and held out the white shirt in his hand. I blushed and took it from him, quickly pulling it over my head and putting it on wincing as I pulled the wound on my side. 

“What’s your name little one?” He asked me, his voice a deep baritone that made shivers go down my spine.

“Shh, it’s okay, little one,” he moved his hand away from my ass sliding it up to rest on the small of my back, his other hand resting on my thigh. “I am not going to do anything you don’t want. Let me just comfort you okay?”

Jaxton kept petting my hair and just when I started to fall asleep he began talking, softly whispering sweet nothings into my ear. He told me I was beautiful and so strong, he told me he was amazed that he was allowed to hold me. I fell asleep in his arms, a small smile on my face, and his warmth surrounding me.

“I shouldn’t want you this much when I am supposed to court you first, and I don’t want you to feel like you’re just sex to me.” Jaxton finished with a sigh.

    I tiptoed across the hall and opened the door to his room as quietly as I could. He was snoring loudly on his side, his long curly hair spread wildly. I moved over to the bed and climbed in with him carefully trying not to wake him.

“Hmm?” Jaxton mumbled before wrapping his arms tightly around my waist, “My baby’s here, my baby’s here…” 

    “My naughty female.” He groaned standing up and turning towards me, “God I love all your curves… you’re so beautiful.” Jaxton’s large hands coming around to rest on my waist, he pulled me closer to him and started nuzzling my neck.

    “Well I’m sorry that I liked it when my female claimed me as hers to others. I really did like it when you said I was yours. I’m the kind of male who wants to belong to someone.” Jaxton looked away from me, embarrassed by his confession. God this wolf was the cutest fucking thing I’ve ever seen, I’m so lucky.

    I shook my head to clear it of the memories flashing through my mind, my voice fading as the song came to an end. Cringe by Matt Maeson started playing and I started moving to the music, my voice blending with his. The water pounded against my shoulders and I tried to relax, letting the water sooth my fears. 

I stayed in the water till the end of the song, only getting out because my stomach started aching. I dried off quickly with the fluffy bright green towel, Jaxton’s favorite color… 

    I finished toweling off and pulled on the clothes I had just taken off, the only new thing was the bright pink thong I had picked out. I rubbed the towel all over my hair, the strands going in all different directions. I looked like I had just been zapped. 

    I walked out of the bathroom, almost running into Jaxton who was standing at the door nervously. I just didn’t want to hear it, whatever he said right now wouldn’t convince me of anything. I was too upset that he had lied, even if it had been for a good reason. Right now I just wanted to make some chicken noodle soup.

What's your favorite food? Mine is chicken noodle soup. 😘