Flashback part 2

"I don't know anything, Dayven!" As his name formed in between my lips he shut his eyes, frustrated, as his fists got tangled in his soft perfect set of curls. He turned around as if he couldn't bare to look at me anymore.

"Out of all people you should know!" His words felt like knives.

"Ok, man! That's enough!" Cameron stepped in.

For some reason, Cameron knew what Dayven's words were aiming towards more than David. It didn't click for David.

"You see them more than anyone here!" He begged. He was right. Being the coach's assistant everyday gets you to see too much. The basketball team, football teams, all teams were asses. If they wanted it, the dick was gonna get it. And if it wasn't David, I wouldn't have let Emily step foot outside the house with anyone of them.

He turned to Emily and Emily almost looked more angry than him — Dayven almost kinda looked sincere.

"No!!" So clearly with her cleared throat.

"No.. I mean it. No. I'm 17. I should be allowed to do these kind of stu—"

"Not with them? Not with my friends, you don't!!????" All of us jumped.

"Who said it was one of your friends?" She locked eyes with him which in my opinion is the worst thing you could do in this situation.

"You're not that slick!" he threw it in her face.

"Oh, like you are with her." she eyed me which pissed me off.

"So what? You're bringing her in now?" Dayven looked at her darkly.

"I want you out of my business, jerk" so slowly as if the words had their own parts.

"I was gone for 6 months, Emily." He got more frustrated.

"Only 6 months!" I saw the look he gave to David. It felt like he knew at least something had happened between them.

Dayven shut his eyes in frustration yet again before speaking calmly, "All of that?..." he gave a dark look in Ivy direction, "...was crap?" He looked back at his sister darkly.

I was a thrown off guard a little by the fact Dayven even asked? He doesn't ask, he finds out.

Emily just stood there, breathing anxiously with her arms folded over her chest. She looked like she had just realized that Dayven kinda actually sounded and looked sincere. Like she was doubting wether to tell the truth or not. A moment goes by before she nodded softly as her eyes dropped from his, guiltily. Dayven eyes were locked on her for a hot minute. I couldn't read him at all before they moved to David. Dayven was thinking, hard. He turned to walk towards the backyard and we got left there, silent. Frozen.

Nobody knew what to say or wether to even say anything at all.

David went after him which was a mistake because if there's one thing Dayven needed now was alone time. Dayven had yet to reach the pool in the backyard when he ordered David to stop before disappearing behind the walls.

The sound of a chair right after Dayven kicked it, sending it to the side yard.

As I my gaze got stuck to that side of the house, everybody else started cleaning while ignoring whatever the hell that was.

My eyes caught him through the see through glass that was separating the living room and the backyards. His elbows were on his knees as his hands were tangled in his hair. He was deep in those thoughts, stressed. The worst time to let someone be alone with themselves. I glanced over my shoulder at everybody as they all seemed occupied with some piece of shit. Taking in the scene but my eyes return to Dayven as he seemed out of it.