Chapter 18 ~ Outspoken

Start from the beginning

Maybe I should just pull myself together and accept whatever will happen. I lay down and covered myself with the blankets. The bed feeling awfully cold without Max's presence. I looked up at the stars which were randomly sprawled on the ceiling they had a bright green glow, they weren't much of a substitute for real stars.

I closed my eyes hoping that some form of sleep would succumb me. I internally thanked in gratitude that I wasn't a complete vampire and was able to get away from it all.

As my brain was finally letting me settle down, I heard a car nearing the residence and my favourite sound in the world approaching. He hasn't left, but why are all his movements tense? He's not angry at me is he...?

I knew I sounded more than a bit pathetic. But there's always that possibility. I tried to pry into his mind but I couldn't find anything, no thoughts regarding his movements. He greeted everyone vaguely and marched upstairs, my heart beating faster in hopes that he would enter my room and assure that everything was okay. But iI was wrong. Oh I was so wrong. He stopped outside his own room pausing for a second before entering. Shattering all the hopes I had.

I'm in trouble aren't I?

I tried not to cry at the logic that was running through my mind. It could be bad... he might not have returned...

I felt him strip to his boxers, I didn't even see home and it had an X-Rated effect on me. Sighing I hid deeper into my blankets and just rested into restless slumber.

*~* Max's POV *~*

I entered my bed, knowing that Amelia was sounded asleep, I was curious... what was she thinking? Could she be over thinking my departure? To why I haven't come home in hours? I knew very well that if I stayed she'd one way or another find out my plan. She was part mind reader of course. And I know she'd be suspicious if I had Aunt Bella's shield over me. I lay down and looked up at the bare ceiling, much too used to Amelia's starry one. It felt weird not having her in the bed with me but I didn't want to disrupt her sleep, she'd have me in for it.

I closed my eyes plans whizzing through my mind, I needed a ring. I pretty much sorted everything else. Aunt Alice is getting everything I need for Sunday.

*

I woke up early because I knew that Amelia wouldn't be awake. I was full of nerves. I had to talk to Amelia's parents. I know that I have to tell that my plans despite the fact I had a good mind not to but I needed a reason to why this was all of a sudden. I quietly left for downstairs and to the family room skipping breakfast.

The family were for my plans completely with me on it, the only problem they saw in their eyes was age. Yes I was fully aware that I was nine years old but that doesn't matter. We don't have to get married straight away anyway.

The thought of becoming her husband stood potentedly in my mind, overshadowing every other thought. I liked the idea much more than I should, having the title as her boyfriend simply wasn't enough. We were much more to each other, as sappy as that sounds.

What if I was moving too quick for her liking? What if she says no? Okay, maybe I'm sounding like Seth on his wedding day but that's beside the point. I'm asking if she would physically marry me.

I sat on the loveseat alone, facing her parents unsure with how to start but noneoftheless started with the obvious. "I love your daughter. Too much to actually put into words. And I know that I'm just her boyfriend even though I feel like I'm a lot more. We haven't done anything... if you were wondering but that hasn't got anything to do with this.

"I want to marry your daughter, and I would like your blessing," I said and then pauses waiting for a reply.

What a way to be bold Max.