Chapter Two

The pale curtain that hangs loosely by the window and sway with the hush of the cold wind sends shiver to my spine. It’s August already, the start of an age. I like how the cold wind touches my skin but I hate how the people around me freeze my soul. I used to curl on my table and never ever pay attention to our professor. Staring blankly at the broken window seal I imagined myself away from this judgmental atmosphere.

You don’t expect us with wands or something but we drink a potion like our daily vitamins to sustain our strength and power. We are not immortals but we are way too far from an ordinary human. We are born with power and live to keep the prophecy, the secret no one knows but I know it would soon broke. I just can feel it.

“Okay everybody listen, open your arms and slowly close it to stop fire with cold water then let go. Here! Here! Follow me.” Mr. Stanfill voice fills the four walls of our room. Nothing never stops me from daydreaming about escaping away then take mom somewhere that would put us at ease.

“Splash!”

“Splash!” They all said in unison.

I jump of my desk when bone chilling water is pour over me, how stupid! Do I look like a fire to be splash with cold water? They all laugh at me, I reacted plain seems to be unaffected but I want to explode and break their jaws. Who the hell wouldn’t scare the soul out after a cold basin of water rain over you? Well I just let them do it by the way; I walk away from desk drench and cold.

“May I go out?”

“I thought you would…” He sneered at me under his big fat eyeglasses.

“Okay from the start!”

That cranky old man, he deserve death spell! I hate it; I hate you ogres, if only this school taught equality other than being marginalization of me and my mother I would became on the head council. Can this life turn worse than I knew?

It’s been hours since I lock myself inside the girls’ bathroom. I got bored and I want to cry a river of waters that would drown them to death. I’m a witch but I’m not proud of it. White witch protect the forest, we are divide by the five elements composing the universe, but my mother used to be fire but something went wrong and now the two of us is on the Earth section and my father?  He is big I-don’t-know. We don’t harm each other but our generation is harming us, harming me. Arghh unfair!

“If I’m given the chance to change, I want to be a doomed blooded so I’m breathing to cause harm, maybe only maybe in that way I’ll feel satisfied.” Mumbling in the air is useless, I let go a big breath and clutch my skirt. Tears end it all, tears shows emotion you can’t even take to spit out. Tears is the only thing that traitors you but it feels so good as it flows, like freeing a pain that seems not going anywhere but to stab your inside. I’m broken.

“Keep it!”

“To hide this can’t change the upcoming revelation, it will soon happen and no one can stop it.”

Hushing voices distract my reverie; I stopped sobbing and listen to the chatting noises. Climbing down the toilet and I then eavesdrop down the window. Lord Tyron and Lady Mareth are talking down the hall, it seems to be a sour conversation knowing with the tussle hair of Lord Tyron and his knitted brows. Is something wrong? Did the Black witches locate us? Or something bad is coming? This is the first time I saw their worried I’m used to their smiling and witty attitude during open meeting with us. The council of our town is uneasy?

They proceed to the secret passage that by this time is no longer a secret now I’ve seen it. Like an iron struck by a lightning bolt, I hurriedly exited the comfort room and track them both.