Chapter Three

Out of the secret chamber I rush through the woods and search my mother. But she was gone…

“Mom? Mom?” Tears start to sting my eyes.

Every eye was on me and all of them look at me with great disgust. I can take those but my mother, where did she go or what have they done?

“My mom, please tell me where is she? Please, please…” I sink on my knees with the raging crowd against me.

Tears I couldn’t stop slowly the crowd grew thinner and thinner, I heard them all, they wanted us dead. Mom I could not take this. Why? Why? Do I really need to suffer this? Do I really need to be this broken? I sobbed and let it all out. Again I’m all alone.

“Mabby?”

“Mom.”

Warm arms rescued me from the springing ache in my chest, my mom. Nothing ever beat a mother’s hug. We’re both on our knees needing each other’s comfort.

“Mom where have you been? I’m scared.”

“Hush now dear, I’m here.”

“Why do you have to do this?” I look her straight in the eyes now shimmering, I saw love and pain it clearly reflect mine.

“No need to worry it wasn’t me a prisoner escaped I need to stop him and everything is fine, don’t be afraid mom is right here.” Hearing those loving words from her I cry even harder.

“Oh! Mom, I’ ---mm sorry.”  My heart stumps with love I could hardly utter. I run out of words.

“Mabby, I’m sorry too dear, now let’s go home.”

“Mom, the council?”

“They know. We are safe.”

“I’m so scared mom.”

“Darling, we are safe now hush and stop crying.”

All I need is to know we are safe and I believe my mom. There is no place I could be any safer than being in my mother’s arms. I’m safe and sound.

Waking up early in the morning is a one hard duty and one thing my body can’t learn to change, phew I’m used to this. The loud alarm clock besides me is exaggerating my morning mood. Then here it goes I’m awake.

The beautiful forest amazes my eyes. It always like this so beautiful and heartwarming from the thick leaves of tall proud tress to its roots, birds are up in the early sky, and my town folks are all out busy of working their daily duties. My misty eye is adjusting from the glistening light coming from Mr. Sun. I smiledhoping this day would brought new beginning, new friends and we may learn to forget the bad things happened last week. But it never stops me from going to the other side. I’m still not used of being hidden.