ch 5; i'm the king of everything.

Start from the beginning

She bats her hand, "I'm sure he won't do that to you." Quick to get up, she leaves before he's able to protest further, "Thanks, Haz. See you on the pitch."

Harry sighs as his gaze falls down on the hot chocolate and his half eaten buttered toast. He's going to miss this so much.

Reluctantly, he finds himself in the Gryffindor Changing Rooms. Half hour before their team meeting, he figured he should get padded up and practice on his broom. Merlin knows he needs it, he's been off of his broom for weeks.

At the other side of the pitch, there's the Slytherin Changing Room.

"Half the team hasn't even made it out of the bed, has it?" Luke says with a laugh, coming up behind Zayn.

He plasters a smile, shaking his head at Luke. Zayn's always liked how capable the older lad is. Even with a spare glance at the team, he could tell you everything. Like he's done this a thousand times over. Maybe that's why Zayn admires him. They all do. Luke is pure Slytherin, in his sixth year and he's the guy who gets things done.

"Heard they have a new Seeker," he hears Luke murmur, who is looking out of the small window. When Zayn comes closer, he raises his brows in surprise.

"What do you see, Zayn?"

This is one of Luke's favorite questions. He would ask this often when he's in this zone of scrutiny, wanting to hear other's thoughts as if it adds something to his own perception. Zayn doesn't miss the way Luke is looking at Harry with utmost attention, like if he'd glance at Zayn for even a second, he'd miss something crucial.

"His balance is off," Zayn begins, watching over Harry who breezes through the corner of the field with his broom, "Grip too tight, he's afraid of falling."

Luke's blue eyes tear away from Harry and looks at Zayn, the corner of his lips quirking up, "Muggle."

It's Luke's way of calling Harry 'ordinary.'

Muggle, my arse. Zayn wants to say but he bites his tongue. Harry is magic through and through and if he didn't know he was a muggle born then Zayn would've never been able to tell. He has a way with magic, he's careful with it. He reminded Zayn of himself the day he had Theo and Blaise practically off their wands. They're cocky, though. Being pure bloods has made them take it for granted, has made them think that magic is subservient to them. Quite the contrary, magic is subservient to those who can contain it.

The room fills up with people who are languidly sneaking in and getting changed.

"Go easy on him, will you?" the older lad tells him, clasping his hand behind his back.

"Nope."

Luke smirks, patting Zayn on the back, "Atta boy."

In the next fifteen minutes, the whole team is set to go. It's a practice match for the House Cup next month but it still matters. No matter how much Gryffindor changes their order is of little relevance to Zayn. He just has to catch the snitch then the game ends. And the sooner the game ends, he is out of this bloody rain and cold wind.

The Quidditch match requires seven players; three Chasers who will keep possession of the scarlet Quaffle which is a leather ball, a Keeper who will prevent the opposite side to make a goal, two Beaters who will bat the Bludgers towards their opponents and a Seeker who will catch the Golden Snitch. Catching it will give the House 150 points and end the game.

Professor Hooch, who is the flying instructor, ensures both Houses' Keepers and Beaters are in their position. Aiden, who is Slytherin's Keeper, is guarding the three Hoops.