He just shook his head and gestured for me to leave. I wasn't going to leave it at that. I gave it a few minutes before sneaking in another way and made a beeline for where I thought my bag was. Right next to the victim. And you'll never guess who was the detective on the scene. Chloe. And Lucifer was with her. 

They were rummaging through my bag next to the victim. Crap. I had to get out of here. But I wouldn't get out super easily, so I listened in on their conversation.

"The victims name is Emily Divine."
"Detective, she's a friend of mine! We were just talking, last night!"
"Lucifer, If this case is personal, you need to go home."
"No. I need to find whoever killed her and punish them."
"Lucifer, the police will deal with this. Just go home and rest. If she's your friend, you won't be allowed here."
"And since when do rules stop me detective?"
"Please don't make this any harder than it-" 

I didn't catch the rest of it as the cop who stopped me at the front, grabbed my arm and pushed me in towards the crime scene. "Look you was going to leave without saying goodbye." I tugged my arm away and walked forward a step. "I just came back for my bag. It has all my stuff in it."

 Lucifer looked at the bag on the table and back at me. "You were here when she was shot?" I wasn't responding to him. I glared at him instead. "Thank you, Lauren, come with me." I backed off a bit as she walked towards me. "Why?"
"Because you are a potential suspect of murder.

***

"This is ridiculous. I know I've committed a few, okay a lot, crimes, but even I have a line I won't cross." Lucifer and Chloe were in the front seat and I was in the back. I had handcuffs on a few minutes ago but I got out of those pretty soon. I thought about jumping out but the child lock was on. No one said anything else for the rest of the ride to the station. 

I was put in the interrogation room with a guard keeping an eye on me 24/7. I heard the detective talking to someone outside, who I guessed was Lucifer. "We found her prints on the weapon. NO. Lucifer, we will handle this."

"I wouldn't put it past her detective, she's a murderous minx and she need to punished."
"Lucifer, I know Emily's death has affected you, but let the police deal with this, please." There was silence for a while. The guard had not taken his eyes off of me, until the door opened. He nodded at the person on the other side, and left. My father walked in and locked the door behind him. "Did you do it?"

His eyes were wide in a crazy sort of way. His breathing was uneven, like he had run all the way here. His hands were curled into fists, and I no longer felt tough. "No." I wanted to explain the situation but I could barely get that out. "Your prints were found on the weapon. You can't get out of this. So i'm going to ask you again. Did you kill Emily?" 

I couldn't move. I had gotten out of my cuffs the second the guard left, but that didn't matter I was frozen to the spot. I don't think he had realized, but his eyes were starting to glow bright red. "Come on child! Did you kill her?!" He was leaning against the table in a threatening way. I heard shouting and banging at the locked door but couldn't take my eyes of of Lucifer. 

"I...I...No." He smiled in the most enticing, evil way. "You dare lie to me? You must be punished. You killed an innocent woman. Why? WHY!?" I stood up, sliding my chair back and stepping back away from him. For some reason, this tipped him over the edge, and he shoved the table out of the way, stepped towards me, hand on my throat. 

I felt my back hit the wall and slide up as my airway closed. "WHY!?" The door burst open and I tried to scream for help, but I couldn't speak, I couldn't breath. "Lucifer, stop. Let her down." He didn't turn away from me. "She did it Detective. She killed Emily. And she needs to be punished." Chloe walked up and tried to pull his hand away, but obviously failed.