26. THE MORE THE MERRIER!

| CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX |

THE MORE THE MERRIER!

AT ALMOST QUARTER PAST FIVE in the morning, the door to the kitchen swung open and Molly Weasley came rushing inside. She looked pale and exhausted. As soon as Harry, Fred and George spotted her, they all rose out of their seats. Ron was still fast asleep along with Ginny, the latter of the two occupying Dawn's lap. 

The oldest of the Weasley children could've gone to the hospital at any point during that night and early morning. She was a part of the Order, so it wouldn't have seemed strange, but she decided against it, knowing very well she needed to be there for her younger siblings. Especially since she knew how stubborn they all were, and if she wasn't there to keep them in line, they definitely would've driven Sirius and Remus insane. 

"He's going to be alright," Molly breathed out, sending them all a gentle smile. Hearing that news caused Dawn to finally sigh in relief, her shoulders slumping down, "He's sleeping. We can all go and see him later. Bill's sitting with him now, he's going to take the morning off work."

Fred fell back into his chair with his hands over his face, Dawn was quick to place her hand onto his shoulder, squeezing it comfortingly. George rushed over to their mother, bringing her into a tight hug. Ron was slowly beginning to wake up, he looked confused for a moment before Harry repeated Molly's words to him. Letting out a shaky breath, Ron downed the rest of his Butterbeer, looking extremely relived.

"Breakfast!" Sirius shouted joyfully, jumping up to his feet. The sudden commotion caused Ginny to begin to stir, her tired eyes opening and looking around the kitchen in confusion, "Where's that accursed house-elf? Kreacher! KREACHER!"

Dawn glanced over at the kitchen door, however, Kreacher didn't appear, something that seemed to annoy Sirius quite a fair bit. The oldest Weasley child helped Ginny sit back up, before the youngest girl jumped out of her seat and rushed over to their mother, wrapping her in a tight hug.

"Oh forget it," Sirius muttered, he then proceeded to count the people in front of him whilst walking backwards towards the fridge, "Let's see...so, it's breakfast for six...seven...eight..nine. Breakfast for nine. Remus, come help me. Bacon and eggs, I think, and some toast--" He muttered to himself as he finally turned around, opening the fridge. 

Remus didn't argue back, instead he lifted himself out of one of the chairs and walked towards the fridge, passing Dawn and giving her shoulders a light squeeze on his way. The redhead sent him a thankful smile when he walked past her, their eyes lingering for longer than usual, before Dawn finally broke their eye contact when she heard her mother's voice.

"I don't know what would have happened if it hadn't been for you, Harry," Molly cried as she engulfed the black haired boy into a tight hug, tears threatening to spill from her bloodshot eyes, "They might not have found Arthur for hours, and then it would've been too late. But thanks to you he's alive and Dumbledore's been able to think up a good cover story for Arthur being where he was, you've no idea what trouble he would have been otherwise," She finally let Harry go, smiling at him through her tears as he smiled sheepishly at her.

Molly then rushed over to Sirius, "Oh, Sirius, I'm so grateful...they think he'll be there for a little while and it would be wonderful to be nearer...of course, that might mean we're here for Christmas."

"The more the merrier!" Sirius cheered sincerely, a genuinely happy smile plastered on his face. It must've been lonely for him at Azkaban, and even now, with him still being a fugitive who everyone was looking for. 

Molly beamed brightly at him, she thanked him several more times as she put on an apron (one she left in the kitchen last time she was there) before helping the two men with breakfast. 

"Sirius..." Harry's voice caught the man's attention, "Can I have a quick word with you? Um..now."

Sirius looked worried and without hesitation he nodded, gesturing to Harry to follow him out of the kitchen for some more privacy. Dawn finally stood up, smoothing out her sweat pants and walking over to the whistling kettle. She smiled warmly at Remus as she stood besides him, pouring the boiling water into some empty cups as he cracked some eggs, their eyes locking every so often - something Molly was quick to catch on to, grinning to herself as walked over to cooked the bacon.