12. THE ORDER

| CHAPTER TWELVE |

THE ORDER.

CEDRIC DIGGORY WAS DEAD. NOT only that, but the poor boy was killed by a Death Eater moments before Voldemort came back to life. To top everything off, it turned out that Mad-Eye Moody had been stuck in a suitcase for the last year, whilst Barty Crouch Jr. used a Polyjuice Potion to take the Auror's place teaching at Hogwarts.

After what had happened during the Golden Trio's fourth year, Dumbledore had reached out to Dawn, offering her a place in the Order of the Phoenix. The Order was a secret society that Albus Dumbledore founded all the way back when Voldemort first came to power. Her parents had been a part of it since the start and even her two uncles; Fabian and Gideon Prewett were members before their unfortunate deaths. 

As hard as it was to leave her dragons behind, Dawn knew she had to do this; she knew that they needed all the help they could get and so she agreed to help. Sirius Black had offered his home to become a Headquarters for the Order; something Dumbledore was clearly more than grateful for. 

Dawn zipped up her jacket as she walked down the creaking stairs. She let her eyes lift from the zipper and glance over the group of adults standing around the small corridor just outside the kitchen, each of them with a broomstick in their grip. Their first mission was to retrieve Harry from his aunt and uncle's house and to bring him to Grimmauld Place. The young boy had been attacked by Dementors and then received a letter from the Ministry of Magic, informing him that he was expelled from Hogwarts. 

"Finally," Mad-Eye Moody grumped, rolling his glass eye.

Dawn raised an eyebrow, "I was gone for literally a second," She mumbled as Nymphadora Tonks passed her her broomstick, "Thanks," She muttered to the metamorphmagus, smiling softly at the younger woman.

Tonks beamed at her before she followed Moody as the former Auror walked off without another word.

"He really lives up to his name, doesn't he?" Dawn muttered as she found herself walking besides Remus who let out a chuckle at her statement, nodding his head in agreement.

The two of them hadn't had their chat yet, something that kept Remus on edge for the last few weeks. Dawn, on the other hand, couldn't care less if the man was a werewolf or not. It certainly didn't make her look - or even act - any differently around him. He was still the same Remus that she bumped into at the entrance of Flourish and Blotts. The very same man that held her hand and gave her his scarf to keep her warm as they watched the second task of the Triwizard Tournament. 

Moody suddenly stopped walking which caused Tonks to bump right into him and before Dawn could bump into the lilac haired girl, Remus had already stopped and as he did so, he reached for Dawn's wrist as the three adults looked confused.

Moody looked over his shoulder, both his real eye and his glass one snapping to the redhead, "I heard that."