The Vampire in the Basement

'What the heck, Gee?!' Mikey yelled at him as he got in the car. 'It's four in the morning!'

'I know. Let's go.'

'What the fuck were you doing in a stranger's apartment?'

'So you're the only one who can have random hookups?'

Mikey gave him one of those looks, judging him but also trying to figure out if he was telling the truth. 'Did you?'

Gerard just gave him a smile, without saying anything else.

'Ew, I don't wanna know.' And then he started driving.

Back at home, Gerard got in his room in the basement, far away from the sun where he could be safe.

His life hadn't really changed once he turned into a vampire, except for the fact that he wasn't really alive.

But he still lived in his parents' basement, like he had for the past twenty five years, and now it was even more convenient. He spent his free time playing Dungeons and Dragons with Mikey and his nerdy friends and reading comics and drawings. He still worked in Mrs. Davies bookstore.

He knew he had to worry about not aging as time passed by and his family figuring out there was something wrong, but for now he tried not thinking about it.

He just got under his Star Wars blankets, and slept through the day.

When he woke up, Mikey had dinner ready. 'So – last night,' he said. 'You just left without telling me. What the fuck?'

'I told you! I met someone!'

'You were serious?! I thought you said no one liked you!'

'But he did!'

'Hmm....' Mikey didn't say anything else, because he just wanted to prove he was right, and was waiting for Gerard to tell him everything. He knew he would.

'His name is Frank. And he's really cute, and he invited me to dance –'

'You danced?! What the fuck, Gee?! Are you okay?'

'Not really. I really like this guy and I can't go out with him because I'll have to tell him about my condition.'

'It's not a condition, for fuck's sake! You're a vampire! That's cool!'

'Oh, yeah?' Gerard asked. 'I don't feel cool!'

'Fuck you!' He got up to leave, not without telling him. 'Are you at least going to call him?'

'I don't have his phone number.'

'You know where he lives.'

'I don't want to hurt him.'

And then Mikey left, knowing his stubborn brother wouldn't change his mind.

Gerard tried to distract himself by reading Watchmen, and smoking. But he couldn't stop thinking about the short guy with the hazel eyes and the crooked teeth smile. And his giggle when he remembered the cops asking if he was a vampire.

He really tried.

But the night after he was changing into a clean shirt and putting on a jacket.

'Where are you going?' Mikey asked when he saw him grab the car keys.

'To Frank's.'

'I knew you would. I'll take you.'

'So you're going to tell him?'

'That's the plan.' There was silence as they pulled up to the parking lot of the apartment complex. 'What if he rejects me when I tell him?'

'You told me he asked you to dance after seeing you drawing aliens. I think you'll be okay.'

Gerard decided to trust his brother's instinct, and got out of the car. 'I'll call you later then.'

'Hopefully not until tomorrow.'

Gerard walked to Frank's apartment. He was nervous as fuck, and he was sure he had already forgotten about him. He's probably fucking someone else, he thought. And he almost turned around and left.

But he wanted to see him so bad.

So he went and knocked on the door.

It took them five minutes to open, and it was one of Frank's roommates. Bob? 'You made me lost the game,' he said. 'What do you want?'

'I'm looking for Frank?'

'Oh, yeah. You're his victim from the other day, right?'

Gerard wasn't sure if he liked to be called victim, not when he was the one with one or two victims somewhere.

'Frank! Your friend is here!'

And out of the room, Frank came out running, wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. 'Gerard! What are you doing here?' And he ran to hug him.

'I wanted to see you,' he said, hugging him tight. It felt good. But something inside of him was asking for more. 'I was –'

Frank interrupted him by kissing him, hands cupping his face. 'I thought you forgot about me.'

'How could I?' And then Frank was pulling him inside, straight to his room, pushing him to the bed, and kissing the hell out of him, not letting him explain.

Gerard couldn't stop him when Frank took off his clothes, and when his hand was jerking him off, or his tongue licking his dick. Fuck, that felt good, how could he stop him? But when he saw Frank putting on a condom, he did stop him. Without saying a word, he flipped them around so he was on top of Frank, and now he was the one licking him and fucking him with his fingers before he was inside of him.

They fell asleep one on top of the other, naked and drooling on each other, halfway through round three or four. Gerard was surprised Frank could handle his sex drive. He wasn't sure himself he could handle it himself. If it wasn't because Frank fell asleep, and his breathing put Gerard to sleep, he'd still be going.

But then, the first rays of sunshine came through the window, burning Gerard's back, and making him jump off the bed. He hid behind the bookcase, still half asleep.

He had forgotten to leave before sunrise.

'What are you doing there, Gee?' Frank asked when he got up a minute later, seeing him crouching in the corner.

There was no way out, Gerard thought. He couldn't not tell him or at least give an explanation for his weird behavior. He just looked up, crying, exposing his white fangs.

'Fuck,' was all Frank said.