It's a Little Stabby

'Can I get a shot of whiskey, please?' the stranger asked the guy behind the counter. Frank was sure it was one of Ray's subjects, but he'd never seen the guy. But he turned back to the long haired man next to him, unable to keep his eyes off him. 'So, guys – you're new in town?' he asked Frank and Gerard, and they both shook their heads.

'Born and raised in Belleville, baby,' the younger vampire replied.

'Me too,' Gerard continued.

The stranger gave them a confused look. 'Really? Why hadn't I met you, then?'

'Well – we don't socialize much,' Gerard tried to explain, but his boyfriend interrupted him.

'With vampires. I've only been one for a couple weeks, and before meeting him, I thought they didn't exist, so –'

'Oh – that explains a lot –' their new friend tried to say, but then another guy approached and whispered something in his ear. 'Yeah, okay,' he said to him, and then turned to the young couple. 'I'm sorry, guys, I gotta run. But see you later?'

Before they could say a word, he had already run behind his friend, leaving them alone. 'What the fuck?' Frank said, sounding a little angry. 'I thought we were going to his place! He didn't even tell us his name!'

'It's okay, Frankie.'

Just then, the lights at the venue went dim and there was a band setting up their instruments on the small stage. And there was the guy they were just making out with minutes ago. 'Good night, New Jersey!' he yelled, and a nervous laugh followed. 'I'm Adam and these are my friends.' The band started playing, Adam swinging the cord of his mic and pacing from one side of the stage to the other.

Your lipstick, his collar

Don't bother, angel
I know exactly what goes on

When everything you'll get is everything that you've wanted, princess
(Well, which would you prefer?)
My finger on the trigger, or
(Me face down, down across your floor?)
Me face down, dead across your floor
(Me face down, down across your floor)
Well, just so long as this thing's loaded

'We almost fuck a rockstar?' Frank asked impressed, smiling.

'Yeah.'

They headed to the pit, and just pretended to sing to the songs even when they didn't know the lyrics. They got in the mosh pit and jumped around, enjoying their night as if it was the last one ever – even though they had a whole eternity left.

They were so lost in the moment that they didn't hear the screams. By the time they did, someone pulled Frank by the arm, and just then someone yelled 'Vampire hunter!' in the distance.

When Gerard noticed his boyfriend wasn't running by his side, he turned around. But it was too late. He was on the floor, blood coming out of his stomach, and a tall man kneeling by his side, holding a wooden stake.

Gerard didn't know how to do.

He just stood there looking at the love of his life bleeding to death in front of him.

He couldn't scream or cry or do anything.

What had just happened?

He had finally found someone who loved him, someone who risked his own life to be with him for the rest of eternity, and now he was just – dead.

And it was all his fault for turning him bringing him into this. It was his fault because Gerard always brought bad luck to everyone around him.

He tried to get near as soon as the hunter ran after someone else, but he couldn't move. As soon as the tall man ran away, Gerard ran to Frank's side, shaking him awake, but he was afraid it was too late. He wouldn't wake up.