The Rest of Forever

Dear mom,

I know me sending you this letter is already weird, because who the fuck sends letters anymore. Sorry for the cursing. Anyway, I'm writing you to let you know that I'm leaving Jersey.

Gerard got a job in LA so I'm going with him.

I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye the proper way, but I didn't want to cry the whole time, so instead I just wrote you this because it's less painful.

I promise to call you often, and please tell dad that I'm okay, and that I'm happy.

Love you, and I'm going to miss you lots.

Frank

Frank wiped off his tears as he finished writing the letter for his parents.

After the incident at the bar, Ray thought it was better for everyone to get as far away from Jersey, in case there were more vampire hunters in town. And though they hadn't decided where to go yet, Frank knew it was better to say goodbye.

'You okay, baby?' Gerard asked him when he joined him outside.

'Yeah – just sad.'

'I'm sorry. It's for everyone's best.'

'I know.'

Ray and Jamia were moving to Colorado, just to change scenery. 'We thought, why not?' he told Gerard as they were putting the last of their stuff in the RV. 'We have the rest of eternity to live, it's nice to go see the rest of the world, live a little.'

'That's a great idea,' Gerard told him.

'Where are you guys going?'

'We don't know yet. I thought of going back to my folks' basement, but I don't know if that's safe.'

'Well – if you ever go to Colorado, look for us.'

'Thank you.'

Ray explained to him that they left some blood supply in a storage unit, and gave him a key.

'I wish you guys the best,' he said, and approached Gerard for a hug. 'It was really nice meeting you.'

In the meantime, Frank wouldn't let go of Jamia. 'You're lucky I'm gay as fuck,' he said. 'Or I'd marry the fuck out of you and give you lots of children.'

She just laughed. 'You're sweet, Frank. I'm sure Gerard will be the luckiest guy to have you for the rest of forever.'

'That's a long time. Now I'm scared.'

'You'll be fine.'

They hugged again, and then she followed Ray to the RV.

Frank and Gerard were the last ones left. They didn't have a lot of belongings, but they were weren't sure where to go yet. So they just sat on the porch, watching the RV drive away. 'So, what are we going to do now?' Frank asked, sounding a little sad.

'I don't know. Anywhere you wanna go?'

And as if on cue, a red sports car pulled in the driveway, the music blasting loud from inside, and when the door opened, Adam walked out. 'What's up, bitches?' he yelled, followed by the loudest laugh. 'I heard you guys needed a place to stay at?'