Chapter 7

Aesthetic by prettyimbecile 

 Aesthetic by prettyimbecile . check out her graphic shop, called "Aesthetically."

Dedicated to Anamwrites

Question of the day: "What's Your Favorite Place on Earth?"

"P.s. I never told you, but i was falling in love."

****

I am staring out of the café window when Eli grabs my attention. "Come back to reality, sis." I smile at his words. He hasn't called me 'sis' in a long time. "What were you thinking?"

I decide to tell him the truth. "About Mom. She really used to like this jewelry shop next door." I point to the window. "She bought this ring from that shop for me on my 18th birthday." I make him look at my index finger.

He smiles in response. "Yeah I remember that day. You told her, you want to go to NYU and it completely ruined her good mood. That day was....." He leaves his sentence unfinished.

"Hey, don't bring up the fact that we fight a lot." I sip my coffee and then realization dawns, snatching my smile away. "Used to. Used to fight."

Eli looks at me pitifully. "You miss Aunt, don't you?" I nod. "Me too. I went to Aragain today to get some cookies for Pastel. I was about to go to her office when I realized she wouldn't be there."

My face softens as I see Eli look away in pain. Mom's sudden death has scarred us all. Especially Eli and Claire. They used to be more close to Mom than me anyway.

"Why so sad?" Claire's voice causes Eli to shake his head and reform his composure. She takes a seat beside him after hugging me.

"Nothing. We were talking about Mom."

Claire gives out a melancholic smile. "Of course. Should have guessed it."

"Where is Kiara?" Kiara is Claire's four-year-old cute daughter.

"At school. She used to love Aunt, too. Poor thing thought Aunt was sleeping at the funeral."

I smile. "She's just like you. Naïve."

Love Shouldn't Hurt (On Hold)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara