The Tree

Kakashi walked. He didn’t know where he was going, just that he needed to keep moving. By the time he looked up he was standing across the street from Yuki’s house.

How did I get here? He looked around to make sure no one was around to see him standing there. Seeing he was alone he made his way into the tree next to Yuki’s bedroom. She was still awake despite the late hour. She was moving around her bedroom, it seemed she was getting ready for bed. She moved to the hall to turn off the light, leaving only her bedside table lamp on. She made her way to the windows and tossed them open, staring out into the night sky. She was smiling, taking in a deep breath.

Why is she always smiling?  Kakashi thought leaning against the side of the tree. He found himself beginning to smile, her happiness flowing over to him.

In an instant she frowned and began to look about, has she sensed me? I have no time to move without being seen. Kakashi watched carefully as Yuki’s glance scanned the tree. Her eyes began to glow, searching for the intruder she knew was there.

“I know you’re out there.” Her voice was strong, no sign of fear

Kakashi stayed silent, not moving and cleared his mind of any thoughts. Yuki could lock onto his inner mind if he left it open enough. Using his ANBU skills as best he could he became as still as the tree.

“Your silence doesn’t hide your chakra. I can still sense that. Not to mention your breathing, which you have slowed down, how impressive.” She said with a sadistic laugh “Is this some kind of test? Sending someone to watch me in the middle of the night? What did you think you would find?”

Kakashi could hear Yuki was growing annoyed with the situation. Her grip had tightened on the windowsill and she was leaning further out now. If she leaned out a little further she would see him. What would he say if she saw him standing there? The man that wouldn’t even greet her peeping in her window.

“Well perhaps on another night you will have the courage to confront me, coward!” She closed her windows slowly, hoping the mystery person would show themselves.

Honestly, what is the meaning of this? I am obviously not trusted completely yet. I must respect that. Yuki sighed and opened the windows back up.

“Listen, if this is what it takes for the village to trust me than I’m fine with it. I would at least like to see who you are.”  Yuki waited, hoping she could at least see the person

Kakashi stayed silent, there was no way he could explain himself. He could never think of a cover story that fast.

“Until tomorrow then.” Yuki closed the windows for the last time, heading into bed and turning the light out.

 Perhaps we will meet tomorrow night. Kakashi smirked to himself in the dark Perhaps tomorrow night a mystery man will visit you. Kakashi was already putting a plan into motion as he jumped away from the tree up to the rooftops. Tomorrow night was going to be a very interesting night for the both of them.