The Next Stage

Kakashi rose an hour before the rest and woke only three ANBU to help him disassemble to camp. They worked quickly to break down as much of the camp as they could, giving the others time to wake and begin breakdown their areas. Once they had broken down everything they met in the middle to discuss the next steps. Kakashi instructed a group of five to stay farther back to guide any of the other groups making their way to the meeting area. This would also help with security, making it impossible for anyone not invited to make their way to them. As the small group departed Kakashi took the lead to bring the rest of the team through the woods.

As they approached they noticed the small camp the Hokage's team had assembled. Only one large tent stood and that was the site of the meeting. Kakashi sent his team to surround the camp at all sides in the woods as he entered. The Hokage stood over a large table in the middle of the room a giant map covering the surface. They shared a glance as Kakashi approached the table.

"Everything is as it should be?" the Hokage asked still looking down at the map

"Yes. Every village has pledged to be here to fight with us." Kakashi was now looking down at the map, visualizing what their route to the camp would look like. Though he had already been to the site it couldn't hurt to see the path again.

"We will be leaving as soon as the groups arrive." The Hokage still did not look up from the map.

Kakashi decided it was better to stay silent and wait to be spoken to. He took a seat away from the table and waited, leaving this tent was not an option.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took almost two hours for all the villages to assemble in the camp. As soon as the last members arrived the Hokage held the meeting with the heads of each group.

"This will be as swift of an attack as possible. The camp is still low on members because they are recruiting. We have the advantage of surprise and greater numbers. If we do not end this rogue group now we are all in danger of the retaliation that will occur. We will enter from all sides, overrunning the camp and taking it quickly. During our surveillance mission it was seen that those inside the camp held no special jutsus, giving us another advantage. Are there any questions?" The Hokage looked from side to side at each leader

"Are we taking them alive?" It was unclear where the voice had come from due to the large amount of people in the room, but Kakashi knew this was a question everyone had already been thinking, especially himself.

The Hokage took a moment, looking around the room as he thought of his answer.

"I feel that during this attack we will try to take as many alive as possible, but if it is unavoidable than we will act as necessary." The room nodded in agreement, no one seeming too affected by the decision "Please brief your teams and be ready to depart on the signal"

The tent emptied as each leader met with their teams to explain the plans of the day. Hopefully this will only take a day, Kakashi thought as he turned to leave.

"Kakashi" The Hokage called before he could leave "I want your team to leave now. Get a man on each point of entry we plan to attack, this way there will be a contact person waiting to bring everyone in."

Kakashi nodded and left to assemble his team. Collecting them all up and heading for the entry points Kakashi informed them of their plan along the way. He assigned several ANBU to stay in the forest to make sure no one escaped. After each was placed in their areas all that was left to do was wait. It was only then that Kakashi realized an unspoken part of the Hokages plan, a part no one else would have caught if they weren't listening hard enough.

The Hokage wants us to take them alive, as many as possible. He can only mean for us to move them, interrogate them, and then create a plan on what to do with them. This is going to be a longer mission than any member of ANBU had anticipated.

When Kakashi had anticipated a month for this mission it had honestly been an exaggeration. This would only to be a massive killing and then interrogation of the leader a mission that would truly only take two weeks and even that was stretching it out. Now Kakashi was thinking of what lengths it was going to take to move all the camp members, interrogate them, and then what to do with them after. If that was the plan than ANBU would be in charge of not only cleaning up the mess and securing the area, but also with moving everyone back to the Hidden Leaf for the process to even begin. ANBU headquarters would be on lockdown as the prisoners were taken one by one through everything; it would turn into a prison needing to be guarded all day and night.

The future flashed again with a panic. The future Kakashi felt was continuing to slip further and further away from him. Kakashi turned to the sun just beginning to make the smallest light in the sky, the longer I'm away the harder it's going to be to fix this. Yuki, please wait.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuki had been up before the sun sitting in the field closest to the house. She knew what today was and as much as she wanted to ignore it she couldn't block everything out of her head. At this moment she wasn't thinking about Kakashi she was thinking of everyone. All that had made the commitment to join this fight and their families left at home praying for a safe return. She was no one's family and she wasn't praying for anyone in-particulars safe return. Yuki simply wanted this attack to go smoothly so this situation could be over, so everyone's lives could return to normal.

She continued to sit as the sun began to light the sky ever so slightly. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath as if she was the one staring down at the village waiting to attack it. She knew what it felt like to be on a mission like that and she knew what it felt like to wonder if this would be the last battle she ever fought in.

The sun began to move higher, rays touching her face as she centered herself feeling her chakra flowing in waves over her. This was not about Kakashi or anything he had done to her, this was about ending a threat that needed to be ended and Yuki hoped they would emerge victorious this day. She could feel Kakashi calling to her, she could feel his sadness. As much as she hated him she needed him to focus so he wouldn't endanger others.

A thought hit her that made her stomach turn and tears threaten to leave her eyes, If I reach out to him maybe he'll focus on the task at hand instead of trying to convince me he's sorry. She cringed at the thought, but she knew it was for the greater good of everyone involved in today's battle, you all owe me so much for this.

Yuki unblocked her chakra and pushed through to Kakashi, I know you can't hear words, but you can feel what I'm feeling so know that I'm hoping for a safe battle and for a safe return. I wish luck and good future on this day.

As soon as the thoughts had traveled to Kakashi she felt his chakra change. She felt him pouring his love and devotion to her, but she also felt him focusing on the task at hand. She didn't feel his overwhelming sadness anymore, I'm glad my plan worked, but now I am no better than he is. Using people the way I need to.

Yuki turned to the sky and felt awful, but she knew she was nothing like Kakashi. Her heart really did love him what seemed like years ago and she never lied about her feelings to get what she wanted from him. I truly loved you, and soon the tears were flowing again, but not before she blocked her chakra to not undo what she had just done.