20

~Ace POV

My doorbell was ringing interrupting my movie. I paused it walking to the door to answer it. I looked through the window seeing that Messiah kid. "Aren't you supposed to be in school?" I asked opening the door. "Where is Trevae?" He asked. "Um school. The same place you're supposed to be." He walked inside. "Aye my nigga who the fuck invited you in here."

"TREVAE!" He yelled. "TREVAE!" He yelled again.

"You fucking idiot I told you she wasn't here. She's at school." I scoffed. "No she's not." He said making me raise a brow. "The fuck you mean she's not at school?" I asked. "Apparently she ran out of first period and nobody has seen her since." He said. "You tried calling her?" I asked. "She's not answering."

I grabbed my keys driving to the school.

**

I pulled up to school walking inside. "Hello sir are you here to checkout a student?" The lady at the front asked. "There's a student Trevae Brown. Did somebody check her out?" I asked. "Oh Trevae she's a lovely student. I-" I cut her off. "I don't care. Did somebody come here and check her out?"

"Not that I recall." She said. "Well what class period is she in?" I asked. "Sir may I ask who you are and what your relationship with Ms. Brown is?" She asked. "I'm the one fucking looking after her. Now tell me what class period she's in or I'll just walk back there myself." She started typing some things on the computer. "She's in gym right now."

"Well can you call somebody and make sure she's there."

She grabbed her walkie talkie. "Coach Wilson this is Mrs. Fletcher from the front office. Do you have Trevae Brown with you?"

"She didn't attend class today." The coach said answering. "Make some fucking announcement. See if she might be in the building." I said. "Trevae Brown if you are in the building please report to the front office."

A few minutes later and she didn't come. "Please fucking explain to me how a sixteen year old girl walked off this fucking campus and nobody noticed." I said trying to stay calm. "Sir we will figure out where she is."

"You better hope you do."

~Trevae POV

"April?" I said looking at her. "Oh my gosh Trevae. Its so good to see you." She said hugging me. I stiffened up not know what to do. "What happened to you?" I asked her. "I missed the last few payments on the house and they kicked me out. You have to have a place for me." She begged grabbing my hand. "U-Um. I don't know." I said. "Trevae you good?" Kendrick said getting out the car. I pulled my hand back. "Yeah I'm fine."

"Wait? Isn't this your sister?" He asked looking at April. "You still talk to these people?" April asked. I didn't say anything. "Trevae please. You have to have somewhere for me to go. Some food for me to eat. Something." She begged. "The fact that you really think I would help you out is crazy." I said shaking my head. "She's your sister. You're not going to help her?" Kendrick asked. "No offense, but you don't know what the hell she put me through. I'll be damned if I helped her." I said. "Trevae please. You think Mom and Dad would want you to leave me like this?"

"Mom and dad are gone." I said. "Not for long."

"What are you talking about?" I asked raising a brow. "Did you forget. Mom is supposed to get out of jail soon. She'll be back for us." She said. If my mom comes back then she'll take me from Khalil. "Yeah well maybe she can help you." I got back in the car and Kendrick did the same. "You good?" He asked. "You can take me home now. School is out."

He started the car and pulled off back to Khalil's house.

**

"I'll come get you tomorrow for that job." Kendrick said once I got out the car. "Okay. Thanks for picking me up." I grabbed my bookbag dumping the money in there. If Khalil seen the duffle he'd start asking questions. I walked into the house seeing Messiah and Khalil sitting on the couch. "What are you doing here?" I asked looking at Messiah.