16

~Ace POV

"I'll be back." I said pulling into the hotel. "I'm coming with you." Jayda said. "No. Stay here. I'm gonna get Trevae and come back." I said. "I don't know what's going on but please be careful." She said. "I will." Once she got out the car, I pulled off making my way back to Chicago. I grabbed my phone calling Trevae again but it went to voicemail.

~Trevae POV

I heard the gun go off making me flinch. Elijah fell down to the ground. I looked up seeing Rondo in the doorway. He came over and untied me from the chair. "I thought you were dead." I said. "I'll be damned if I let these pussies kill me." He said. "You're bleeding."

"I got hit in the shoulder. I'll be fine."

I looked down at Elijah. "You fucking shot me." He said looking at Rondo. "I shot you in the leg calm down." Rondo scoffed. "I thought you said you were going to kill him."

"I need him alive. I need to know who he works for. Killing him won't do anything but put us back at square one." He said. "So what do we do now?" I asked. "I'm gone take you back home. I'll handle him." He said. "Fine."

Rondo walked up to Elijah squatting down near him. "You gone get up and walk back to my car. If you say a fucking word or even think about running I will not hesitate to fucking kill you." He said. Elijah didn't say anything. "You understand?" Rondo said aiming the gun at him. "Yeah man. I understand."

"Get the fuck up." Rondo said. "I'm shot in the leg. How am I supposed to do that?"

"I'll shoot you in the other one and make it worse."

Elijah struggled but he used the chair to get up. He let Elijah walk in front of him with a gun pointing at his back. We walked back to his car and he put Elijah in the trunk.

**

We pulled up to Khalil's house. "Don't get yourself killed." I said to Rondo. "I'll be sure of that. And I'm sorry for letting you get taken like that." He said. "You came and got me in time. That's all that matters. See you later." I got out the car walking inside the house. "Where the fuck have you been!" Khalil said scaring me half to death. He was sitting in the kitchen. "I told you I was going to the football game." I said. "It's almost midnight. I've been blowing up yo fucking phone."

"It died. It's not that big a deal." I walked back to my room. "Who brought you home?"

"I told you I was with Messiah." Before I could close the door he stopped me. "You gone keep telling me that bullshit ass lie or you gone tell me the truth?" He scoffed. "You seem to know the truth already so why the fuck do you keep asking." I mumbled. "Who were you with Trevae? I'm not gone fucking ask you again." He said clenching his jaw. "I was with Rondo."

"I'm gonna fucking kill him." He said walking out, I followed. "Where is he now?" He asked me. I hesitated. "Please don't fucking lie to me."

"The warehouse."

"Lock the doors and don't let a fucking soul in here." He said before leaving.

~Ace POV

I can't fucking believe this nigga went behind my back. I pulled into the warehouse going inside. I could hear yelling coming from the back room. I walked in seeing Elijah tied up to a chair. His face was bloody. "You son of a bitch." I said making Rondo turn around. "Is there a problem?" He scoffed. "You! You're the fucking problem!" I yelled. "I'm gonna fucking kill you."

"I'd like to see you try." Rondo smiled. "I asked one thing from you. To leave Trevae out of this shit. You went behind my back." I said shaking me head. "If anything you should be fucking thanking me. If it weren't for me the kid would have had a bullet through her fucking brains."