19

~Kel POV

I was waiting in the car for Ace to come back. It had already been half an hour and I hadn't heard anything. I knew he had his phone with him so I pulled mine out to text him. Before I could, I heard gunshots going off inside. I grabbed my gun running inside. I seen some of the workers running in and I made sure to kill them.

The gunshots were coming from upstairs. I made sure downstairs was clear before going up. I seen bodies dropped in front of the door. "Damn nigga. I thought something had happened to yo ass." I said shaking my head looking at Ace. "Nah. But we need to get out of here." We got back in the car and drove off.

"Did you find Mike?" I asked him. "I was gonna let him walk. I aint have it in my gut to kill Jayda's father. But he tried to kill me so I did what I had to do." He sighed. "You gone tell Jayda?"

"Do I have a choice?"

**

~Ace POV

We pulled back into the warehouse and walked inside.

"Is it handled?" Rondo asked me. "Yeah it's handled. They still alive?" I asked referring to Elijah and his mother. "I was waiting on the okay from y'all before I handled them." He said. "Well I got to get back to Jayda. I'll see yall later."

I walked out to my car making my way home.

**
I went inside walking up to the room. I could hear Jayda crying from the other side of the door. I walked in. "You okay?" I asked her. "My father. He's gone." She said wiping her tears. "Jayda baby I gotta tell you something." I said.

"I just left him a few hours ago Khalil. We had a conversation. He was fine." She cried. "It's okay." I said sitting down wrapping my arms around her. "He was shot Khalil! Somebody murdered my father!"

"It's okay Jayda. We'll find the people who did this okay." I said making her nod. "I'll give you some space." I said walking towards the door. "Wait. You said you had something to tell me." She said wiping your tears. "It's not as important as this. It can wait." I said before walking out. I felt like shit not telling her it was me. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'll have to eventually but right now, I just can't.

I went downstairs to check on Trevae.

"Wassup kid." I said walking in. "Oh uh hey." She said nervously. "What's that?" I sad pointing to the bag that she was clearly trying to hide. "Nothing. Just some stuff I have to bring to school tomorrow." She said. "Sure it is. I need to tell you something but you can not tell Jayda." I said closing the door. "Everything okay?"

"I killed her father." I said. "YOU WHAT!" She yelled. "Keep your fucking voice down." I said through clenched teeth. "Why would you do that?" She asked. "He was the one behind the whole Elijah situation. I didn't have a choice." I said. "And what about Elijah. He'll probably tell somebody."

"Elijah is dead, he's not a threat to us. The only people that know about it is you, Kel, and Rondo." I said. "So why the hell did you tell me?" She scoffed. "I don't know I just needed to tell somebody."

"Uh yeah, you should've told Jayda." She said shaking her head. "She just lost her father. I wouldn't help by telling her I was the one that did it."

"Thats not something you keep from someone Khalil." She said. "Yeah I know. But for now lets just keep it between me and you."

"Fine."

*Next Day*

~Trevae POV

I walked to my locker seeing Messiah waiting for me. "Shouldn't you be waiting for your girlfriend?" I asked opening my locker. "To be clear I never said she was my girlfriend. She said that." He said laughing a little bit. "Did you actually need something from me?" I asked. "You didn't hear?" He asked making me raise a brow. "Hear what?"