What Happens Now?

Shawn's POV

I got down on one knee and looked up at her. "I know I told you someday was.. someday but someday is.. today. I love you and I never thought the idea of us finding each other again would ever happen. I spent years dreaming of someday and it's finally here. Marry me..."

Camila laughed through tears and nodded. We sealed our engagement with a kiss. "I have one final surprise up my sleeve."

Half an hour later we were in the very hotel, in the very room where we'd met all those years ago. Only this time it was different. This time we had our way with each other. The energy in the room was palpable and when we came it electrified the whole room.

We watched Casa Blanca together, naked and in love in the city where we'd met all those years ago. 

We flew back to New York and spent 4th of July out on the water, the fireworks above us.

1 week later 

Camila's POV

"Hey sleepy handsome fiance boyfriend..." I said as I woke up in his bed. It was now July 1st and I'd leased out my apartment to Sofia, Aaliyah and Hailee because it was significantly bigger. The lease on their apartment had ended so it worked perfectly that they took over my lease and were able to move in so I could move in with Shawn. All my furniture was currently in storage and we'd been starting the process of finding a permanent forever home.

"Fiance boyfriend?" Shawn yawned.

"I love that you're my fiance but I also like that you're my boyfriend....I'd barely gotten used to the boyfriend term and then you had to go all fiance on me-- not complaining one bit," I replied and he smiled sleepily. "Shit, I have to get to work.."

"Have I mentioned how much I'm going to miss you..." he said leaning into kiss my forehead. 

"I know but I'll be home early....go back to bed you don't have to be up for another couple hours..." I cooed. I had to be at the hospital at 5:30 and even though Shawn was teaching a summer class at Columbia but his workload was really chill so he would come home early. He didn't have to be up for hours but he he always managed to wake up to kiss me goodbye.

"Okay, goodnight.. I love you..." Shawn said closing his eyes happily.

"Good morning you goof," I kissed him goodbye and made my way to work.

Work seemed much better when I had someone to go home to.  I had a surgery today with Hailee. When I saw Aaliyah drop coffee off and then lean in to kiss her goodbye. I could feel my jaw dropping and I felt fire rise within me.  Hailee walked into to the staff room and thankfully no one was around. "Hailee.. what the hell...you're with my sister!"

Hailee groaned. "I am.. I am with her.."

"You just kissed Aaliyah.. I saw it, don't play dumb..." I couldn't believe her. How could she be cheating on my sister.."

"I know.. I'm... dating Aaliyah..." Hailee explained.

"You and Sofia broke up?" Why hadn't she told me?

"No, we're still together, we're just..."

"Taking a break?"

"Not It's.. more like.. we're dating her..." Hailee explained.

"Who is we?"

"Sofia.. and I..."

"You're both dating her?"

"Yeah.. she's... our girlfriend.."

"But Sofia knows and she's okay with it?"

"Yes, you can ask her... she didn't want you to find out like this... but she can explain everything, I have patients to see but I'll see you in our surgery, later. Please don't be mad at me, I love your sister more than anything, she'll explain it all."