Chapter 6

AN: Voooooooote and coooooooooomment ~(OoO)~ Also just so you guys know, I went back and added pictures of everyone (Ollie, Dakota, Megan, and Raven) in previous chapters so go check them out and let me know what you think :3 picture of Josh over hither ----->

I stared at Dakota unsure of what to do. I took an uncertain step towards him.

"Dakota?" I tried. He stood there still a shaking mess of anger. I reached out to touch his arm but he just spun around and starting stomping through the crowd. I followed meekly behind. We eventually came upon a table where Megan and Raven were seated. They were laughing about something but stopped when they glanced up and saw Dakota.

"Hey what's up?" Raven inquired as he took a seat across from her. He growled and turned the other way so we couldn't see his face anymore.

"Well alright." She said a minute later when it was obvious he wasn't going to talk to us. She glanced up at me as I timidly sat down beside him.

"What happened?" She mouthed. I shook my head. Megan tossed me a wrapped sandwich and chips. I smiled at her again. This woman has got my hunger's back.

"I'm gonna go to the lady's room." Megan announced, standing up.

"I'll come with." Raven added and the two walked off. It was silent for a moment. I unwrapped my turkey sub and began to dig in. I glanced over at Dakota. He was hunched over and still looked extremely pissed. I should probably leave him alone, but I'm horrible with this kind of thing. I sighed and carefully placed a hand on his back. He stiffened.

"Hey Dakota?" I asked softly. I rubbed the spot gently between his shoulder blades. "Are you ok?"

Dakota relaxed into my touch. After a minute or so he sighed and turned to face me.

"Yeah I'm fine." He mumbled. I nodded my head and we fell silent. After a minute more he sighed. "I just...I really don't like him."

"Josh?" I asked. He bit his lip and clenched his fists as if his very name pissed him off.

"Yeah, Josh." He spat. I nodded.

"Why don't you like him?" I hoped I wasn't over stepping my boundaries but damn this curiosity of mine. Dakota took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He opened them again and met my gaze.

"Well Josh is my alpha for one." He began. I raised a brow.

"Alpha? Like the leader of your pack?" I confirmed. He nodded.

"Yes though he isn't the official alpha yet, but he still has all the authority of one." It was silent as I waited for him to continue. "To make a long story short, the two of us have never gotten along. Don't ask me why, we've just always hated each other. When we were kids he'd steal my toys or anything I liked claiming, 'I'm the alpha, I can do whatever I want!' bullshit." He let out a low growl at the memory of it. "And he's always tried to prove how much better he is than me at everything. Like when I wanted to learn how to play guitar, he got one and started taking lessons. Then he stood up in front of the whole pack and showed everyone how 'talented' he was. And when I wanted to go to Nightshade instead of the pack school, guess who decided they wanted to go too? Fucking alpha!"

He banged his fists on the table and I could see he was struggling not to blow up again. He took a few calming breaths and closed his eyes. After a moment he sat back and met my gaze again.

"My point is, the two of us hate each other. He plays sports and is the popular jock of the school, I play music and am in a popular band. We're complete opposites and nothing will ever change how I feel about him. He's always trying to prove something to me and now this?" He clenched his fists again. I raised a brow at him.