Part 40

"I don't like it. At all." Dhritman announced to no one particular as they all sat for their late lunch.

"I don't care. At all." Riddhiman replied in a similar tone.

Mrs. Gupta sulked. She had tried one more time, but couldn't squeeze out another word from her younger son. Though she had promised to tell none and she meant it, but her inside was screaming to know all about it.

"You said scandal.. Are you sure everything is legal, and you wouldn't be involved personally into anything beyond treating this person?" Mr. Gupta suddenly asked.

Minerva was surprised. Father was generally very easy going, with a cheery attitude. All the serious stuffs were thought and carried out by mother. But right now, it was father who was actually making sense. Dhriti, god knows for what reason was sulking. For ma, she could tell why she is so quiet. Though Minerva found it rather funny, but she dared not laugh or even smile now.

Riddhi smiled at his father. "You should know me better than that Baba. The deeper the problem is, the more I am going to get involved it."

"No" and this came from all the three members older than him.

"Riddhi, I didn't stop you from going to their house. Not since last February. But if you- what? Why are you looking like that? You think I wouldn't know? I obviously knew. I was just playing along, waiting until you come clean. I am you father." Mr. Gupta set his son down pretty well.

"You knew, and you didn't even slip once! And here I thought you were.."

"Ma stop it. It's just work."

"And you were supposed to complete your post doc. What the hell are you doing ? Are you even legally allowed to work? Dhriti look into it. Do psychologists need some type of licence to check patients? Does he have that? Now, I can't have my son do anything- "Ma you are not getting another word out of me. And dada you.- Riddhi looked at his brother-" Do not pry. I am the youngest here, I know, but do not for one second think that I will allow you guys to interfere. And for your sake, my job is almost done here. Just another session, and I will be done. So please, give me some peace and let me eat."

Everyone went silent. Never in a million years had anyone thought Riddhi could speak like that. In that tone, in that authority. But yes, it did work. Everyone started eating quietly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dhriti looked at the packed trolley. What is it doing it here? After lunch, Minu went to her mother's place, and didn't return until before dinner. So who packed this and why?

Shaking his head he went to the cupboard to get a short. And whoa! Where are most of his clothes?

"Why are you staring at the cupboard?" Minerva asked entering their room.

Dhritiman pointed the trolley bag. She looked at him in surprise. He raised a brow in another surprise. She shrugged, took her phone and almost threw it at him.

His eyes went wide. "We are leaving tomorrow? My god, these seven days got over this soon!"

She agreed. Really, it seemed like just yesterday when they were planning to come here. And now it's time to leave.

"But you packed only my clothes. Where are your?"

"Dhriti.. I am thinking to stay back for a few days more."