Part 34

"Something is up with Ridhhi..." Minerva chipped wondering. Dhritiman looked at her in confusion first, and but then it clicked to him too. True enough! Riddhi had been here, a day before them, and every day he had been out since morning and didn't return till late evening. Not even for lunch. His university isn't even here! Then??

"Even ma doesn't know.."

"You asked ma about him?"

"Of course!" Minerva said in a matter-of-fact tone.

When had she asked about me like that? Oh no no Dhriti! Don't be stupid. Why would she ask about you? You guys aren't even friends. Moreover, before coming here, you two hardly talked! Gulping Dhritmnan accepted the fact.

"Well, I don't think we can find anything about him, unless he wants us to. He is not Tiya after all." Minerva immediately bit her lips saying so. Use the damn filter in our mouth you idiot. She cursed herself.

Dhritiman looked at her as she suddenly paused. Smiling he added, "It's okay babu. If you bite your lips every time you say her name, you are going to end up looking kissed. Throughly." And now it was his turn to pause, bit his lips and look away. Bloody fool! He cursed himself.

"Did you think of anything?" Minerva tried changing the topic. Dhritiman looked at her after full two minutes. She looked so red. Cursing himself again, he nodded his head in negation.

"I think you should take a nap. Naps after lunch work like magic for brain." Minerva suggested getting up.

He never heard such logic before. His own experience said, if you sleep after lunch you are gonna get up more confused and fazed! But before he could say anything she was already out of the room.

Why the hell can't you think before speaking you damned idiot. See, now the girl who had planned to take a siesta is now out! And now you can't even say something. It will make matters worse. Uff! Cursing himself again, he lied down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Na.. na.. na.. na

Dhritiman woke up at the sudden noise downstairs. Though he was sleeping very lightly, he couldn't initially gauge what happened.

Checking the phone he saw it was just 4 in the noon. Why are they shouting at this hour? God! The neighbours will come running to complaint.

Ugh! Let them do whatever they want! Dhritiman was about to sleep again when a shrill pitch almost deafened him.

Tiya! What the hell is she doing here? After the ruckus at the restaurant, she dares to come here! Today, I will see the end of it.

Jumping of the bed, he ran down.

The scene at the landing of the stairs made him blood run ice.

Four uniformed polices were standing with Tiya. One of them was holding a handcuff!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Please try to understand inspector.. Pillai. I am a ACP. I have four police stations working under me. How can I do something like this?" Dhritiman almost shouted this time. But the inspector was hearing nothing of it. He went on repeating the same words,

"Being a IPS, it doesn't mean that you can't do something like this. The allegation against you is serious Mr. Gupta. You promised Ms. Tiya marriage and made physical relations with her, but finally didn't marry her. Instead you married your family friend's daughter."