The Crystal Catacombs

Start from the beginning

of course.

'she must have katara.' said aang

iroh nodded sadly, 'she has captured my nephew as well.'

'then we'll work together to fight azula, and save katara and zuko.' said aang

'woah there. you lost me at, "zuko".' sokka said

'i know how you must feel about my nephew. but believe me when i tell you there is good inside him.' said iroh, placing his hands on sokka shoulder in a pleading way.

'good inside of him isn't enough. why don't you come back when it's outside him too, okay?'

'if we want katara, we need to get zuko' i said, 'teamwork makes the dream work?'

'of course you'd side with the fire nation' seethed sokka.

'this isnt about us and the fire nation. this is about helping people' i retorted

he sighed and gave in, finally agreeing with us.

'i brought someone along who might be able to help us.' said iroh.

he brought us back outside to show us a dai li agent sitting on the porch.

toph lifted him up with earthbending and put two stone slabs on either side of him, keeping him there.

'azula and long feng are plotting a coup.' said the man terrified, 'they're going to overthrow the earth king.'

'my sister! where are they keeping katara?' shouted sokka, pointing his machete at him.

'in the crystal catacombs of old ba sing se, deep beneath the palace.'

we left for the palace quickly and waited outside for the right spot.

'well whaddya know.' said toph, holding her hand to the floor, 'there is an ancient city down there, but it's deep.'

toph pushed the earth next to her open and created a passage down below the palace.

w'e should split up.' said sokka, 'aang, you and y/n go with iroh to look for katara and the angry jerk...no offense.'

'none taken.' said iroh, but i lightly elbowed him anyway.

he shrugged and carried on, 'and i'll go with toph to warn the earth king about azula's coup.'

momo jumped on his shoulder and he turned around, ready to leave.

but i stopped him.

'ill be down there in a sec. okay?' i said and aang nodded.

i turned my attention back to sokka and took his hand in mine, 'i'll see you soon'

he nodded and planted a small kiss on my cheek, making me blush like crazy.

i let go of his hand and hugged him.

i sprinted into the tunnel and walked between the two, 'sorry, im back'

aang pushed rock further down the tunnel and said hi.

but an awkward silence ensued.

'so,' said aang, speaking again, 'toph thinks you give pretty good advice. and great tea.'

'the key to both is proper aging. what's on your mind?'

aang paused for a second and looked back at me, hoping i wouldn't tell anyone.

'well, i met with this guru who was supposed to help me master the avatar state, and control this great power. but to do it, i had to let go of someone i love, and i just couldn't.'