Appa

aang walked up to toph aggressively and yelled, 'HOW COULD YOU LET THEM TAKE APPA WHY DIDNT YOU STOP THEM'

'i couldn't! the library was sinking! you guys were still inside and -'

'you could have come to get us! i could have saved him!' cried aang

'i can hardly feel any vibrations out here. the sandbenders snuck upon me and there wasn't time for -'

'you just didn't care! you never liked appa! you wanted him gone!' spat aang, probably not thinking before he spoke.

katara walked up to them and placed her hand onto aangs shoulder, 'aang, stop it. you know toph did all she could. she saved our lives.'

'who's going to save our lives now? we'll never make it out of here.' said sokka.

and he could've been right.

we were surrounded by miles upon miles of sand in every direction.

'that's all any of you guys care about: yourselves! you don't care whether appa is okay or not!' said aang, crying

'we're all concerned, but we can't afford to be fighting now.' said katara

'i'm going after appa.' he said, picking up his glider, but i knocked it away, pulling it towards me with air bending.

'im coming with you'

'no you're NOT!' he shouted, throwing air at me that i dodged.

'im not giving it back until you start talking sense' i said, dodging yet another attack, 'IM NOT FIGHTING YOU'

'AND IM SURE YOUR TRAITOR BOYFRIEND ZUKO WOULD BE VERY DISAPPOINTED AT THAT' said aang

i stopped.

i thought you understood.

he threw a punch at me, hitting me right in the face and sending me flying backwards into the dunes.

he rushed forward and took his staff from the ground where id dropped it.

'im getting appa' he said, flying away.

sokka rushed up to me as katara ran after aang.

aang what the fuck.

'he was just trying to get under you skin' said sokka, helping me up.

and it worked.

'we'd better start walking. we're the only people who know about the solar eclipse. we have to get that information to ba sing se' said katara, looking back at us.

i felt something on my face and my nose was bleeding.

i held my hand up to it and focused, feeling a light escape from it and let go to find my nose perfectly fine again.

'nice' said sokka, helping me up.

---

we walked through the desert for ages, and even though as an air bender i can regulate my body temperature, there wasn't enough cold air to do so.

i was just as warm as the rest of them.

'can't you watch where you're -' began sokka, before looking behind him at toph - who had just bumped into him.

'no.'

'right. sorry.'

'come on guys, we've got to stick together.' said katara, looking back at us.

'if i sweat any more, i don't think sticking together will be a problem.' said sokka, who's clothes had stuck themselves to toph.

'katara, can i have some water?' asked toph after hitting sokka away.