8. Bubblegum bitch

Harry's pov

Rebecca and I were sitting in total silence on the couch of our living room, trying to answer the hardest question of the moment.

What color should I paint Reb's nails with?

It's been 15 minutes since she asked me that and I've been staring at both the colors trying to solve the mystery of world.

We do these monthly spa days where we talk about everything that has happened in our lives. We've been doing them since I moved in with her because we both need time for ourselves. Rebs decided to do it earlier this month because of all the Sarah shit that happened yesterday. We both had a lot of explaining to do.

I'm here with a green minty face mask with the bottle of two nail polishes in my hand. Rebecca is sitting in front of me with a face mask, her legs on my lap as she painted her finger nails. And no, I don't mind spa days at all, they are really relaxing and gives me a day to pamper myself. She knows a lot about hair care and skin care routines.

Guess it's a plus point for having a girl best friend.

"Ugh which one do you want, black or blue?" I finally just asked, showing her the two nail polish bottles.

"Black, first you do it on my toenails and then I will do your finger nails" she said while blowing on her freshly painted nails.

Well that was easy. Should have asked earlier.

"Ok madam" I said in a fake posh accent because I already have the British.

Yes, I was finding some distractions from my mother's call. That's what I always do, I run away from things and ignore them instead of solving them.

Ignorance is bliss.

"What's going in your head button?" she said still looking towards her nails.

I still don't know how she does that, she doesn't even have to look at me to tell that I'm thinking about some shit. It's always been like this, we got pretty close when she moved in. I swear to god if she wasn't in my life, I would be fucked.

"Um...Can we start with something light then we'll go on with fucked up shit" I said with pleading voice.

"Of course H, so tell me how's your new job?" she said acknowledging my discomfort.

"It's going amazing, you know I've been doing tattoos for years and I knew Paul trusts me and would hire me. And as far as I know, all of my customers that I've attended, loved my work and were happy with the final results." I said while concentrating on her nails.

I've known Paul for real long. He used to do all of my tattoos and even helped me learn how to do tattoos when he saw my interest in designing them. I knew it already that if I asked him for the job, he would hire me. He is always looking for good artist. And not to brag but I'm a pretty decent tattoo artist.

"Yeah, I'm sure a 'certain' customer must be really happy with your work." she said smirking at me. It took me a minute to understand that she was referring to Millie.

"You're not gonna let it slide, are ya? I mean, I would love to get to know her but we haven't even talked properly for 2 minutes" I said contemplating the idea of ruining her nails but decided against it because she'll make me fix it.

"Well that's because you've never tried" she said blowing at her nails.

"That's because I had to run away with someone because of her crazy ex." I said, giving her a pointed look.