One

Gemma

"Go, go, go," Gemma screamed in her head.
"Don't look back," she thought a bit more calmly.
She pulled her black hood back up everytime it fell in her sprint.
She sprinted through two more allies until she reached her spot at the abandoned building she lived in. She pulled the handle of the graftied door. It creaked and squeaked as she opened it. The smell of ash, drugs, and bad breath whipped Gemma's nose. She made her way to the staircase.
Her feet hurt in her too big boots. Gemma had pulled them off a dead old lady a few days ago. She found her behind a mattress when she woke up and couldn't help herself.

This isn't how a fifteen year old girl should be. She should be dating boys, and having parties.
Not stealing bread and sleeping with homeless people.

Gemma pulled the loaf out of her jacket. A few of the younger kids scooted over to Gemma. Their faces scratched and dirt covered their cheeks.
Gemma pulled off small slices and stuck them in their dirt covered palms.
She knew it wasn't sanitary but there was no water in the building and the puddles outside in smelly London were worse.

A hush was pulled over the homeless like a blanket. Their eyes all followed a man in a black wrinkle free suit. He had black hair and sunglasses pulled over his eyes.
Gemma wondered if he would arrest her. She quietly pushed the bread behind her and scooted to hide it as best she could.
The man started heading in Gemma's direction. Her heart beat fast and she was sure everyone else could hear her. It was only a loaf of bread!

He crouched down to Gemma's seated height and reached into his suit.
Her heart stopped.
He placed an envelope with a red wax seal on her lap, gave a white smile and left.

A/N
I'm really excited for this!
Please vote and comment!
Finxx