Author's Note & Background

Hey guys, so obviously it's about Fenris and Hawke, and for those of you that have played Dragon Age II, my take on what happened after the event of Fenris killing Hadrianna. I was just always wondering what he was thinking when he shoved Hawke against the wall... *swoon* Ahem, anyways, this is literally my first time attempting to write in third person, so any helpful comments would be appreciated, just be nice please :)

Oh, and it's a friendship romance with a sarcastic female rogue Hawke.

For people who have not played Dragon Age II or just need a refresher on what happened (spoilers)**:

Fenris is an escaped slave who lost all his memories from before he received his lyrium markings, white tattoos that cover his body. Lyrium is a mineral that is very toxic, the equivalent of an addictive drug. It's used so mages can connect to the Fade, where the souls of the dead are said to go and where dreams take place. Demons reside here and always pray on mages since they are the ones that visit here the most. Because of the risk mages pose of becoming possessed by a demon, an abomination, templars take doses of lyrium so they are able to better control them in case something does go wrong. Mages are usually discriminated against in all of Thedas, with the exception of the Tevinter Imperium, where slavery is still legal and also where Fenris is from.

Fenris is a character that hates mages and slavery because all he remembers is being a slave bodyguard to a Tevinter magister, Danarius, and Danarius's apprentice, Hadrianna. It is implied in the game that he was sexually abused by both of them, which, in my opinion, why he only feels "pain" when touched. However, he does feel actual physical pain because of his lyrium markings. I put emphasis on them for precisely that reason (the markings also give him a special ability to phase through solid objects, though it is only shown that it works on people). Not to mention he has PTSD. All these these things combined turned him into a broody, quiet sort that is very untrusting of anyone except Hawke, the main character you play in the game, if you develop a friendship/romance.

Hawke in this story is a sarcastic female rogue, as stated earlier. She has yet to absolutely hate mages, though she does agree that the majority of them should be in a circle. Her sister was found by the templars and therefore sent to the circle in Kirkwall, the city-state in which they live. Her father and brother died back in her hometown of Lothering. I feel as if she should be emotionally scared by this, but I'll do a Hawke POV of this particular scene, to be explained more in depth then. She cares deeply for Fenris and understands that he does have a lot of issues, and wants to somehow be his solace and his romantic partner- you get the picture.

Anyhow, before the events of this scene, Fenris and Hawke were ambushed by slavers looking for Fenris to capture. They killed them after they revealed someone was looking for them that was stationed in an abandoned slave holding cave nearby. They journey to there and find that it is Hadrianna behind Fenris's attempted capture, and after she revealed that he has a living sister, he kills her by using his lyium ability to crush her heart from inside her chest. He's pissed, and completely takes his anger out on Hawke when she tries to comfort him. He leaves for a few days, then after he cools down wants to apologize to Hawke for acting the way he did.

(Hawke's malbari is mentioned, it's a very smart war dog. Bodahn and Sandal are two surface dwarves, with Sandal being the adopted son of Bodahn. Sandal got lost in the deep roads, very large and dangerous underground tunnels, and Hawke found him. Now Bodahn is repaying Hawke by being her manservant. Leandra is Hawke's mother.)

Sorry that was so long; hopefully if you haven't played the game you understand it more than before.