Chapter 38 - These Days Are Flying By

Start from the beginning

"Yeah!"

He looked at her and she was sure he thought she'd gone nuts, then he grinned.

"Fuck yeah, let's do it! Only this time, it's a proper joint tour, we sing some of our own songs, but it's not split into two separate performances. We would be touring the album."

"Yep."

"OK, I'm in." He picked up his phone.

"What're you doing?"

"I'm texting Andrew to tell him to start work on it, he'll ring Roger."

She laughed. "You never waste time," she said.

"You only live once honey."

She stood up and picked up the rug from the sofa. "In that case, we had better make the most of it. I have another idea."

***

They lay in the grass in her secret garden underneath the blanket. The only place you could see into it was from their bathroom, so it was completely private, but they had done their best to be quiet nevertheless. He stroked her shoulder as they looked up at the stars.

"Now you can tell me why you don't want to take any of those movie offers," he said. "Joint tour completely aside."

She looked at him in surprise.

"How did you know?"

"I'm a wizard."

"Ah yes, I'll just call you Harry Mendes," she said drily.

"I could tell something was up," he said. "So tell me, what's the story?"

"I got a call from the publisher of my book today, they love it by the way."

"Of course they do, it's brilliant."

"You're biased, because it's pretty much about me."

"True."

"They've had offers for the film rights, big offers."

"And?" He knew there was more to it, she couldn't hide anything from him.

"And they want me to play the lead role, play me."

He pushed up on his elbow, looking down at her in amazement.

"Mila! That's amazing! Wow!"

"Yeah, wow! But not until the year after next at least, after the book has shown whether it can be successful."

"Which of course it will be."

"Once again, biased."

He laughed, and then he laughed harder.

"What?"

"I got a call today too."

"From?"

"Andrew. They want me to headline a few festivals that year."

"Cool, you love festivals. Headlining, really? Which ones."

"Coachella, Lollapalooza..."

"Fuck! That's awesome!"

He slid his hand back under the blankets, stroking her body, still so taut and hard in the right places, and soft and curvy in others. He watched her eyes flutter closed and heard a sigh leave her lips. He had pretty much jumped on her when they had come out here, but now he wanted to give her pleasure that was just for her. He pushed back the blanket to reveal her breast and bent his head at the same time as his hand pushed her legs gently apart and began to explore her damp centre. She ran her hand through his hair and moaned and he lifted his head to watch her face as he slowly brought her closer and closer to the edge. As she finally spasmed beneath his fingers she opened her eyes and met his and he felt an excitement that never dulled, no matter how many times he did this. Giving her pleasure was his favourite thing to do in life and always had been. She gripped his shoulders, holding on while she rode the wave, and he bent to kiss her. "I love you," he said in a husky voice and she kissed him hard and passionately.