Chapter 38 - These Days Are Flying By

These days are flying by
Weeks feel like minutes, I
Can't remember being small
I try to figure it out
I can't seem to find out how
I guess I don't know much at all

The night the single dropped, and the music video, they decided to go live, just like they had with Senorita all those years ago. They were a little more tech savvy these days, and the technology had come a long way too, plus they were in the same room. The album was due out two weeks later, and they were extremely nervous. Connor had directed the music video, and it was the most intimate thing they had ever filmed. It included real footage of their lives, going right back to when they were kids, and included unseen footage from their wedding among other things, but the rest of it took place pretty much in the bedroom. Not theirs, but a mocked up one in the studio.

They had decided to drop Uno Dos Cuatro as the second single later on, after the album was released, and had already made the music video for that one. It was part animation of them and the twins, and part of them singing on an empty stage. It was fun and cute and they loved it.

The live was fun and they thought it went down well, and then, like they had all those years ago and had done with many of their singles since, they stayed up all night reading the reviews and comments and watching reaction videos. It was, without doubt, the most successful thing either of them had ever released. It surprised no-one when it debuted at number one, and it stayed there for weeks. It's beat made it popular in the dance clubs as well, and their performances on television, on award shows and talk shows including interviews, really put it out there. When the album dropped, it went straight to number one, and it was critically acclaimed.

They did promo, but took the kids and Valessa with them, because they didn't both want to be away from them. The paparazzi loved catching they around the various cities with the kids in their strollers, and Valessa enjoyed having time off in cities all over the world while they spent time as a family.

When it was all over they took a few weeks just to hang out at home, and they gave Valessa some time off. They spent a lot of family time together, but also took turns in giving each other time. Shawn still had to keep up with the Foundation and label, and he was working on his own music which he mostly did at night when the kids were asleep. While he did that, Camila worked on her new book. Sometimes she did it in the studio with him, sometimes in her study or out in her secret garden. As Christmas neared, she sent her book off to the editor. She planned to bring it out in a few months time, all going well.

With her book done, she returned to her own music, and began reading scripts for a new movie. Shawn came up from the studio one night to find her curled on the big sectional sofa with the electric fireplace lighting up the room. She was reading a script on her laptop.

"Hey gorgeous, what are you reading? Another script?"

"Yeah, it's OK, but I don't know, they all seem a bit blah, nothing's jumped out at me yet."

"Well, there's time." He sat down beside her and put his feet on the ottoman. "You'll get something for next year, I'm sure of it."

"Actually," she said, closing the computer and putting it to one side. "I wanted to talk to you about that."

"About what?"

"About what we're doing next year."

"I can tell by the way you're looking at me that you have an idea."

Her eyes twinkled. "I do, and it's way out there, something wild and crazy....I think we should do a joint tour...."

"A joint tour?"

"It's been a long time since the last one, and maybe this time we can actually finish it. Do a proper full world tour."

"So, we take the kids and Valessa with us then?"