Hello Dear Reader (A Note from Desmond)

Hello Dear Reader,

Come forth and take my hand for you are about to embark on a journey of adventure, destiny and a little thing called l-o-v-e. For the record I don’t believe in the accursed notion, but you mortals seem so desperate in your search of IT, who am I to judge what you should or shouldn’t believe? Sometimes belief in something is enough to make it real.

Yeah right. If you believe that Disney-magic-pick-up-line, then you're more pathetic than I thought.

In any event, my place is alongside you mortals in your search for that which you prize above all else, though it was not always so. And soon, if I have my way, it won’t be much longer.

Who am I you ask?

Why dear reader, I am your amorous tour guide; your navigator through the labyrinth of the heart. Throughout the centuries I’ve been known by many names, some of which are too ugly to repeat. My origin is of no importance, what truly matters is that I am currently charged with your happiness. Funny that. It seems the fates are not without their own sense of irony. I should have steered clear of that curse-happy trio when I had the chance but ‘twas late the hour of my revelation. Leaving a trail of broken hearts throughout the millennia can really come back to bite you in the tail feather. Suffice to say that now I am just Desmond, semi-love god, consummate sex therapist, and celestial matchmaker.

But enough about me dear reader…this is about you. Only I know why you picked up this book. Only I can help you find what you most desire. And trust me, I will find you. Your lonely, empty, love-less hearts call to me like nothing else; my very own invitation to bring you that which you most crave. But know this dear reader, whether I find you ready and willing for what I have to offer, or fleeing in terror from my very presence, you will play my game. I may have been cursed to help mortal women find true love, but no one dictated the rules of the game. And within that loophole I have survived these centuries with little boredom and many a tale to tell.

So, come with me and meet Lori Mayer, a struggling law student, with just the case of lonely heart syndrome I specialize in. She’s been calling to me since she was a teenager, and according to my iPhone her time draws near...