Chapter 30 - Love and Death

Börja om från början

"Please don't leave me, not yet."

Striker stood over the two, his worried face frozen.

Donatello worked quickly, stitching, sterilizing, and wrapping your wound. The EDTA would need a minute to work. He just hoped he wasn't too late. The others had been woken up for the commotion, panicking as they found out what happened. Each said a silent prayer as they watched Donnie quickly labor over you. Eventually, there was nothing more that could be done than to wait.

Leonardo quietly walked over to Donatello. "She'd be more comfortable in her bed. Do you want me to-"

"No, I'll take her."

Picking you up, Donnie carried you backed to your room and laid you down. His red, puffy eyes looked you over as he brushed a few locks from your face.

"Please come back to me," his hoarse voice whispered. His face hovered over yours for a few seconds before he placed his lips gently on your cheek. "I... need you."

Leonardo walked in, standing behind his brother. "We're taking turns staying up with her, try to go and get some rest."

Donnie swallowed as he slowly stood up. "Just...come get me for my shift."

Leo bit his lip; he wasn't sure if Donnie was in a stable place mentally to be able to watch.

"...Of course."

With that, Donnie slowly walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. As he turned, Striker was there waiting for him.

"How is she??"

Donatello ignored the question, a more pressing matter on his mind. He raised his swollen eyes to meet Striker's.

"How much arsenic was released before she stopped?" Donatello asked.

"I-I don't know, it all happened so fast! S-she said she wanted to do it herself and-"

SLAM

Donatello's fist made contact with Striker's face.

Striker went flying back.

"YOU IDIOT! What did you think was going to happen?? That the tracker would just magically disappear?"

Striker looked up at Donatello, his eyes wide and in shock.

"I-m sorry! I didn't know!"

"She might die because of you!"

"I-I didn't-"

"She might die!" Donatello cried out again, sobbing as he fell to his knees. "I can't lose this woman, Striker. I can't. I love her."

Striker raised an eyebrow as he slowly rose back to his feet. The turtle let out another heart-wrenching sob, unable to contain the overwhelming emotions that had been held back the past few minutes.

"I can't! I-I can't lose her. I don't know what I'm going to do if I do."

Kneeling down beside him, Striker placed a calloused hand on Donatello's shoulder. "I know...I know you can't...and I'm sorry."

----- *Transition that I am way too tired to think of*-----

"Mama mia pizzeria peperroni and a cheese," Mikey hummed to himself as he worked a pizza dough ball between his hands. In times of desperation and stress, the perfect solution was homemade pizza. Granted, the orange-masked turtle was greatly lacking in his pizza-creating skills, but he had been improving. With Donatello a mess, Leonardo dead-set, and Ralph emotionally constipated, Michaelangelo figured that everyone could use a pick me up.

"What are ya making?"

"AH!"

Mikey jumped back, his dough ball went flying up and hit the ceiling.

Small Emile stood besides him and giggled lightly, "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

Mikey grinned and quickly pulled the doughball down, "No worries, just be sure not to sneak up on me like that!"

She nodded and shifted uneasily, "I-is (y/n) gonna be alright?"

The turtle paused his dough kneading for a moment, "...I don't know, but I certainly hope so. And hey, Donnie's the best doc around, he's putting up quite a fight for her."

Another smile crept up on Emile's face, "Heh...good." She peered over the counter at the doughball, "Do you mind if I help?"

Mikey nodded, "Sure you can! But I'm warning you, pizza is a delicate art that requires 100% focus. You can NOT slack off during it. Luckily for you, I am a pizza MASTER."

Hello lovelies!

Been a hot minute, hasn't it? I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe during all this craziness! I know how hectic it can get. Be sure to take care of yourself, because you deserve it!

Be sure to vote and comment what you thought about this chapter! We only have a few left until this book is finished!

Also, listen to the song attached. I quite like it >-> It's got all the angsty feels.

Thank you,

OnlyFoolsLove