Chapter 8 -Attacked

"(y/n)."

You groaned and shifted in your sleep, hearing your name being called faintly.

"(Y/N)."

"Just 5 more minutes," You mumbled.

Someone gently shook you, causing you to open your eyes and see Donatello kneeling over you with the others behind him.

You yawned and sat up, reaching out in the dark for your glasses, "What is it guys?"

Donatello had a worried look on his face, "...There's been an attack on the other side of the city, and the Kraang are trying to bring a new weapon through a portal...We're going to try to stop it, a-and we need you to stay here."

You quickly frowned, "But I can't do anything productive down here....I'm out of mutagen to work with, and there's nothing else to-"

"Someone has to stay and guard the lair," Leo interrupted, "We'll bring you a few more canisters back when we can."

"If we come back," Michaelangelo muttered. Ralph glared at him.

You looked at them with concern, still unable to find your glasses. "Please," you say softly, "Just...be careful."

Donatello smiled slightly and slipped your glasses on you, "We will, don't worry. Do you know how many times we've dealt with things like this? We'll be fine. Be sure to use the moves I taught you if anything comes up."

You raise an eyebrow, a slight smirk appearing on your face, "You mean to stretch my appendages and to take slow breaths?"

Donatello chuckled nervously, "Right...we'll have to work on that when we get back."

You nodded, and with a flash the turtles were gone. You sighed and laid back on your pillow, looking at the ceiling.

~8 hours later~

You bit your lip and paced around the lair, worried about what was going on in the city about you. There hadn't been any news from the turtles, and you were getting restless from not being able to work in your lab. You didn't have a drop of the mutagen left.

You continued pacing, walking back and forth until something in the corner caught your eye. A small dagger glistened on the table and an idea suddenly popped into your head.

Why should you bother the turtles with a small task when you could just get the mutagen yourself?

~A few minutes later~

"There." You stepped back and closed Donatello's computer. You had reprogrammed the security cameras to send the feed directly to your phone, just in case anything happened while you were gone.

You tightened the belt around your waist, cinching the sheath containing your dagger closer. You had exchanged your usual lab coat for a pair of black pants and t-shirt, helping you blend into the alleys and the dark night sky.

You glanced in the mirror and tied up your hair.

"I hope this works," You mumbled.

 ~ On the other side of the city ~

WHAM!

A Kraang droid fell to the ground as the slimy creature scurried to retreat in the darkness.

"Yes!" Mikey cheered, spinning his nunchucks around, "And that is why you don't mess with the turtles son!"

Leonardo rolled his eyes as he took out the remaining two robots. The floor was covered in the empty shells of Kraang droids, along with a giant supersuit torn apart in the back.