𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

Начните с самого начала

But all Bai could think about was how much Aurelia would love to see it...how much they would all love to see it. They had risked their lives for it, the least this world could do for them was let them live where they could feel safe at all times or they didn't have to worry about defeating an overall evil that could destroy the world.

Bai remained hunched over Kai's body, cradling the boy's head in his arms as the tears fell continuously. The thoughts drowned his mind with sorrow and regret, only the smallest part of him feeling thankful for what they did. But just before Bai could lose all the hope he had in the world, he felt his head slowly raise upon Kai's chest as Kai's lungs filled with air. Bai's head snapped to look at the boy's face, finding Kai's piercing blue eyes staring back up at him.

"Hey," Kai exhaled.

That was the only thing Bai let him say before he corralled him into a suffocating hug. Bai continued to sob into Kai's shoulder while Kai hugged Bai close to him, never wanting to let go.

"I knew you were stronger," Bai sobbed as he pressed a soft kiss to Kai's forehead.

Kai pulled away to examine Bai. "Are-Are you okay?"

Neither of them knew what to say, how to react to the reality of them being alive after they were told that their chances of survival were slim.

"I'm fine, at least I think I am," Bai answered. "Wait, if we are alive, then that means that the other should've survived, right? They could just be unconscious."

Kai shrugged. "I-I-I don't know but we have to try to wake them up. Morana said we would all survive or we would all die. The others have to be alive."

The two boys split off. Bai knelt to Eros's side while Kai raced to Andrea. They both stood over the lifeless bodies and tried to shake them, mumbling words under their breath over and over, their eyes trained on their pale faces for any sign of life. Eros was the first to wake, his entire body suddenly jolting alive. Bai smiled down at him and let down a hand to help him sit up. Andrea awoke seconds later, her eyes quickly finding Kai as she reached up to cup his cheek with her hand to make sure what she was seeing was actually real. Kai grabbed her hand and helped her to her feet.

Eros's hand fell upon Corrine's cheek to brush away some of the blood and urged her to wake up. Her eyes opened slowly and as if she had almost all the strength in the world, she tackled Eros to the ground to hug him. Eros hugged her back, tears trickling down both of their cheeks. Andrea went over to wake up Axel while Kai went to Nizhoni. When both pairs of eyes finally opened, Axel and Nizhoni immediately brought each other into a hug. Bai finally made his way to Aurelia and shook her awake just as Corrine hurried over to Morana. After a few moments of Bai shaking her, the innocent girl awoke, looking as if the smile had never left her face. She jumped up to hug Bai, relieved to see that they had survived.

All that was left was Darron, who still rested peacefully on the soft grass. Aurelia slid over next to him and grabbed his shoulders, but no matter how hard she tried, the boy didn't stir the slightest bit.

Her smile quickly faded. "Darron?" She shook him a little harder. She looked up at the others. "He should be awake by now," she whispered in panic, her breath quickening and her heart pounding against her chest. "Darron?!"

Andrea kneeled next to Aurelia. "Let me see," she said softly. Andrea leaned over and pressed her ear to the boy's chest, listening very closely for even the faintest heartbeat, but she found no sign. Andrea sat up and shook her head. The tears welled up in Aurelia's eyes instantaneously. She snapped her glance to Morana.

"What happened to him?!" She cried.

Morana didn't even know what to tell the girl. She didn't have the answer. "I-I don't know."