Ch. 4: Hit em with a Left, Hit em with a Right

**Cameron**

It had been two weeks and James and I were still at war!

Some things had me on a rush when I saw him squirm in fear of what I would do next.

I had Lisa's boyfriend hack his Facebook page and update with insane and bizarre statuses every hour on the hour.

The funniest status being: Hell yeah I suck toes! What can I say? Corn Chip flavor is my favorite type! Mm mm good!

He retaliated.

He flipped the script and hacked my Twitter account. Even to me, the funniest one was: Yeah, I sleep with Granny Panties on my head. They make for the best scarf!  Loving this ratchet lifestyle! XOXO

Ugh! All I could do was laugh. And I never said anything even remotely close to "xoxo."

However, the last stunt he pulled made me hate him even more...

So, as you know I am a poet. But what you probably don't know is that most of my poetry is inspired by an alternative art: Music.

A genre of music people find difficult to respect let alone admire the way I do.

It was Rap Music.

Yes, I use rap music as an influence and an outlet to express my emotions. I think most rappers are great lyricists. There's Kanye West, Young Jeezy, Meek Mill, Tupac, Nas, Mos Def, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Drake, Luniz. Just to name some of my all time favorites.

Rapping was an art, a style. There was freestyle, end rhyme, even a type of Haiku when rapping. There was such versatility to rapping than just rhyming words together.

Many of my best works, my best poems were inspired by great lyricists who happened to be rappers.

My current work was dear to me. It was a letter to my father in the form of a poem. It was inspired by rap music.

My father has been in the military since he was of age to enroll. As soon as his 18th birthday hit, he enrolled. As a military man he moved around a lot, which means I moved around a lot.

My mother was out of the picture. Turns out she didn't want kids after she had me. It sucked when I first found that out, but I've dealt with it and poetry was one of the ways.

Besides, my grandmother was the only mother I really knew. She was always my Woman crush Wednesdays if it wasn't one of my other three friends. I laughed. I loved my little group of friends and family.

Anyway, my dad would be returning home soon from the War in Iraq. Finally, after 13 years...

Don't get confused. He was home from time to time, but he spent a majority of his time overseas.

But, he was coming home for good. I missed him and I loved my daddy ♡.

So, I've been working on this poem for about 2 months now along with other welcome home surprises. And do you know what this prick del Russo did?

He waited until I went to PE to break into my locker.

Every one knows that the blue binder I carry around with me is like my book of poems. A majority my own work. And the rest copies of my favorite poems or lyrics.

He took my binder and took each page out and spread them all over and throughout the school.

That wasn't the worst.