Chapter 8: The Threat

Start from the beginning

Acnologia held his head high as he sniffed the air. The breeze from the sea just a few blocks in front of him filled his nose with the smell of seawater and mostly fish. But he also managed to sniff out some different animal like smells that weren't coming from the warehouse Black and Sun had went inside. The dragon slayer concentrated and silenced out the world as he focused on the buildings in front of him. The sound of machinery faded away and he heard the arming of guns high in the air. Acnologia scanned the area and found three White Fang members hiding in the cargo cranes that littered the area where construction was taking place and in them lookouts armed with sniper rifles.

A smile tugged at his lips before he ran across the street quickly, avoiding detection and running right up to one of the cranes. He scurried up the crane, moving in between its large metal frame in a fashion that kept him hidden. Once to the spot where the White Fang had hidden he quickly used his strength to flip himself into the armed faunus, knocking him out instantly and quietly.

He didn't spend much time in the vantage point though as he ran along the inside of the cranes long arm, straight towards another one of the lookouts. Once at the end of the crane he jumped out, allowing himself to be seen all to late by both of the remaining lookouts. The faunus he jump towards didn't even have time to raise his gun as the mage kicked him in the jaw, breaking off his mask and knocking him out. Acnologia wasted no time as he quickly turned and threw out his arm in one movement. A magic circled appeared and he fired a small bolt of magic energy at the other lookout, shocking him and rendering him unconscious in one swoop.

The mage let out a sigh of relief before he made his way back to the ground. He landed near the warehouse, the front unguarded to better keep it hidden. On the right side of the warehouse, a scaffold stood leading to the roof. A perfect way to ease drop.

Acnologia quickly jumped from level to level of the scaffold until he made it to the roof. The sound of cheering filled his ears as he grew closer. An in construction glass window in the roof is what was emitting all the noise. Acnologia crouched next to it, peering inside. A large crowd of faunus kind filled the warehouse floor, a large makeshift stage stood in front of them. The dragon slayers eyes widen as he saw who stood before the crowd, Roman Torchwick bowler hat and all along with a massive White Fang banner that stood tall behind him. A low growl emitted from his throat as he tried to listen in on what he was telling the crowd, but their cheers overpowered the crook from the distance Acnologia was at and he couldn't risk getting closer and being spotted. Another growl of annoyance came from his throat as he was forced to simple watch the spectacle.

Having a look around the crowd, he spotted Blake and Sun with out much difficulty. That worried him. If he could find them that easily from this distance, the crook could to. Suddenly a hush went over Acnologia's ears and he could finally hear Torchwick for a moment,"-The Atlesian Paladin!"

The dragon slayers eyes widen as he turned back to the stage to find the banner had opened and revealed a fully developed version of the robotic behemoth of a machine that he had only seen in a hologram just a few short days ago. 'Where did he get that?! The Atlas military was just announcing them a few days ago, I didn't even think they were a real thing yet!' Acnologia thought as Sun had a very similar thought.

The mage's concern only grew as he noticed Roman looking towards Blake and Sun before the crook moved to a White Fang guard close to him and began to whisper something to him. He had found them out. Acnologia stood up about to jump in when the lights inside the warehouse shut off, leaving it dark in the building. Acnologia could only assume Blake had come up with the idea and he smiled at the thought. The sound of screams filled his ears and then the sound of glass shattering and the sound of robotic wiring as the paladin came to life. Acnologia looked off the side of the warehouse to find Blake and Sun running down the street. The paladin busted out of the warehouse's wall.