77.6

Did she have anything to admit. Did his words hit bulls eye? Was he completely right and was she missing love in her life or was she just fine? She did not know really. She thought she had everything she wanted but since being in Riverdale back, she wasn't sure about it anymore. Maybe she was indeed missing something but she had not noticed it yet.

Her hand held the pendant around her neck tightly as if she was holding onto a memory for dear life. "Mom, are you alright?"Alice asked when she found her mom in the kitchen staring outside the window blankly. "Oh I'm fine, my dear."She quickly said, making a smile appear on her lips quickly. "Nothing to worry about."She added as Alice just shook her head. "You're holding your necklace, mom. You're thinking about dad."Alice said back, crossing the distance between them as a hand rested on her shoulder. "I just miss him."She muttered, blinking her eyes a few times. She was not about to cry. No, it was okay. "I miss him to, mom."Alice whispered, resting her head on her mother's shoulder. "You know it's okay if you want to move on, do you?"Alice asked carefully. "What do you mean?"She quickly asked, not answering the question as she took a step back watching her daughter study her for a moment. "I mean that it's okay if you want to move on from dad. I know you'll always love him but it's okay to love someone else."Alice explained quickly as if she was afraid her words would hurt her mother as she just blinked at that. Was she ready to move on? "What makes you think I want to move on?"She asked, shaking her head. "It's not good to dwell in the past."Alice answered, closing the distance between her and her mother as she wrapped her arms around her mother, embracing her. "I'm moving on."She muttered,holding her daughter not knowing that Forsythe Sr. stood in the doorway, watching the moment unfold...

*********

"I'm sorry."Someone said as she turned around finding the main subject of her frustrations in the doorway of the spare bedroom. "You're sorry?"She repeated with a raised eyebrow. "I shouldn't have pushed that much."Forsythe Sr. said sincerly which surprised her. "And what do you expect now?"She asked, crossing her arms as she stood in the middle of the room, watching from there. "Maybe a let's bury the axe?"He suggested, entering the room. "How do I know you're sincere?"She asked, not answering his suggestion. She had to make sure there was nothing else he wasn't telling her. "Nothing else, Susanna."He said with raised hands, stopping in front of her. "I know I crossed the line most of the times. So I wanted to apologize before I left."He explained. "You're leaving?"She asked confused. She hadn't hear Alice say anything about it. Or her husband. "Yeah, I have some stuff to take care of at my house."He answered with a shrug as she noticed how he did not call it his home. Was he happy?

"When will you leave?"She asked curious. "Probably tomorrow."He answered straight away, a small smile on his lips suddenly. "You're gonna miss me?"He asked with a wink as she just huffed at that. She was not going to answer that question. No, why was he so stupid and insufferable? "You know some say that people who fight a lot have quite some sexual tension."He suggested with a smirk as she could feel how her cheeks got warmer, turning a deep red colour and she hated how her body gave her away like that. "Some people who fight a lot, just want to kill each other."She threw back. "Do you want to kill me than, Susanna?"He asked with a raised eyebrow. "You just came to apologize but are already creating a new fight."She muttered with a shake of her head. Unbelievable.

"Get everything together, Susanna. And tell me what you want tomorrow before I leave. I'm curious."

*******************