New Year Special

She didn't expect anyone to celebrate the end of the year with. No, she didn't expect Betty to stay home and not celebrate it with her friends somewhere and neither did she expect Polly to come home. After all she was still mad on her mother for everything that happened with the farm. So she was just going to spend the evening on the couch with a bottle of red wine and one of those movies they always play this time of the year. 

It was the simple reality of how her life was now. Lonely. But not that she really minded it. Not all the time. Sometimes she longed for company, for arms to hold her close in a warm embrace and other times she had to be left alone or she would kill someone. Tonight she longed for company. She wanted to share this moment with someone but deep inside she knew it wouldn't happen. A sigh left her lips as she filled her glass once again, her eyes trailing to the clock to only see it was 10 pm not even close to midnight, wondering if she really had to stay up till midnight. There was no one saying she couldn't beside herself. She would just watch the end of the movie and then she would go to her bed and hope this day passes quickly. Her focus got pulled from the television when the doorbell echoed through the house causing a eyebrow to shot up. Who on earth would come here at this time of the night? She had not clue... She got an answer to that question rather fast as she pulled the door open and found none other than FP Jones leaning against the doorway, a bottle of red wine in one hand and bouquet of roses in the other, a small smile present on his lips. "FP...What are you doing here?"She asked, not that she wasn't happy to see him. She was just surprised. "Thought you could use some company, Alice."He answered with a shrug, holding the roses out for her as she took them, a smile forming on her lips. "Thank you and I would love some company."She said back, taking a step to the side to grant him entrance to her home as he stepped inside, slipping out of his leather jacket as she just watched him. Seeing him made her think about everything that happened between them. What happened between them lately. Things they didn't talk about but now he was here in her house to celebrate the end of this year with her. Did this mean something? "Have I grown a second head or something?"He asked with a chuckle, pulling her out of her thoughts as she just laughed it away, going straight to the kitchen for a vase to put the roses in as he took a seat on the couch. "Were you really planning to watch some movie to end this year?"He asked, a arm over the edge of the couch as he heard her footsteps. "What else could I be doing?"She asked skeptical, taking a seat next to him. "Go have a drink."He suggested as she held up her glass of wine. "Doing it already."She threw back to find him rolling his eyes at that. "Outside, Ali."He corrected her. "Not really feeling in the mood for that."She muttered, taking a sip from her glass. "I remember you used to live for these days."He said, recalling those moments in his mind. How they used to celebrate, spending the whole night partying, dancing and just being with each other. Well, now they were together after all those times they spent this not together. "I was young back then, FP."She said back, all too well remembering those times. When she didn't really cared about anything but just having fun. "We're never too old to live like that again."He suggested with a wink, wrapping an arm around her shoulder pulling her closer as she letted him do that, not pulling back but cuddling slightly against him. "But I'm rather comfy here."She said with a soft sigh, already enjoying his company and she was damn well sure that he knew it. He knew she always loved his company no matter what. "I noticed that."He said with a chuckle. "Don't be smug, Jones."She warned him, feeling him sink back in the couch as she crawled even closer to him. Her head rested on his shoulder as he leant his head against her head. "I wouldn't dare."He said back, acting all innocent now. "So any resolutions, Ali?"He asked, actually genuine curious about that. "Having a better relationship with Betty."She said straight away. "You?"She asked back, not really telling him the several ones she had as he thought about it for a moment. "Just making up for the mistakes I made."He answered with a smirk as she couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at that. "How come so?"She asked now also curious. "I made some stupid mistakes recently and I'm gonna try to make up for them."He explained as she looked up at that. "Actually already doing that."He added with a wink. "And what was that mistake that you're trying to make up for?"She asked as he put a strand of blond hair behind her ear. "Letting you go, Ali."He answered, a sad smile on his lips. "I'm still here."She said softly, a hand resting on his chest. "Will you be here always?"He asked with a raised eyebrow, feeling the tension grow between them. "As long as you are here, Jonesy."She said with a smile, placing a kiss on his lips. "Happy New Year."