64.1

"I don't need you to start with all this bullshit, Jones!"She yelled, her voice raw from all the emotions that rushed through her blood. No, she didn't want that. She only wanted one thing. "I just want you to be honest with me."She added softer, her blue eyes begging him to just drop the crap and be honest with her but his eyes held a certain coldness that made a shiver run up her spine as she took a step back. "You knew what you got yourself into, Alice."He said, dropping the papers on his desk as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "This is how everything goes on the Southside of town."He added, leaning back in his chair as she just threw the papers of the table, letting out all her frustrations. Why couldn't he just see her? Hear her? 

She was begging him, pleading him. To see her and nothing else. She needed him to hold her as she was actually scared and she wasn't able to tell anyone what was scaring her because no one cared. She needed him to care. Just simply care about her. "What is your problem, Smith?"He asked, irritated, standing up from his seat as he made his way around the desk, closing the distance between them 'till he stood right in front of her, her back resting against the wall as she held her breath. "I need you."She whispered, cupping his face between her hands, making him look her in the eyes. "I'm standing right in front of you and I need you to see that."She whispered as her lips hoovered next to his, almost touching but yet they didn't touch each other. "I need to do this, Alice."He said softly, his forehead resting against hers. "And I can't do it like this."He added, confusing her as she took a step back this time as he slowly lifted his head, his brown eyes meeting her blue ones. "What, what do you mean?"She asked softly, scared of what was going to leave his lips, afraid that this could be the end of everything and she didn't want that, no she didn't want that and she didn't need that. "I think it's best this stops here, Ali. I don't want this to break us apart. I don't want this to hurt you so I must protect you from it."He explained, feeling the pain in his heart, feeling how he was breaking his own heart along with her heart and he never wanted to do such a thing but neither did he want to hurt her physically and mentally and this relationship could do that. "Are you... you are breaking up with me, aren't you?"She asked in a whisper, shaking her head in disbelief. Was this how it all ended? 

All the years they spent together, laying in his dirty trailer, sitting in the back of the truck staring at the nightsky above them, stealing kisses in Pop's...

This, this couldn't be how it all ended...Could it?