Chapter 7

A month passed by, the classes were satisfactory, and Miranda was able to catch up with lessons easily. "Looks like I haven't lost the touch after all," she said to herself completing her essays. She submitted them and walked out of the class. Her classmates were all fun types and she felt glad. Her roomies were from her class, Renee and Shia, one older and one younger than her. They became friends instantly often hanging out at Miranda's old hideout places she showed them. Renee had the best hair according to Shia they both have ever seen. Long caramel brown silky thick hair, layered. But Renee never gives a damn about it. While Shia, the tomboy in the hostel walks around carefree and happy like a rabbit hopping around with her two new friends and her high school sweetheart.

Miranda walked towards the cafeteria for grabbing a cup of coffee after the class, she was excited about going back to her studio. Tristen had made a promise to pick her up every weekend he comes to the city. She passed through the department of chemistry, passing through their huge lab. She got a glimpse of someone she thought she knew. She stopped walking. She took a few steps backward and put her head through the lab door. There were students in there and someone instructing them. The same cute face, wearing protection glasses and a long white lab coat, looking very familiar. His dark brown hair lying in style looking dashing. She recalled the same image she saw 4 years back in the same college, a guy walking out from the class in his lab coats smiling at her as he caught her watching him.

"Niall," she gasped.

Someone stood behind her calling out, "Trespasser, people,"

In shock, she opened the door, stepped in and everybody saw her. Everyone looked at her. "Hi," embarrassed, she waved.

"Mira, Waddup?" her roommate Shia's boyfriend Min Hyuk called out.

"You weren't sneaking in, were you?" Niall approached her taking his protection glasses off "or secretly admiring me," he whispered.

"Oh please!" Miranda rolled her eyes waved again and walked out of the lab.

"Mira, that's how people call you I see,"

"No no, nobody, just these new friends," she corrected him. "But what are you doing here? I thought you," she was stopped before she completed her sentence.

"I told you am doing research, so temporarily, am here working in this college,".

"As a professor?!" she said surprised, "Whoa that's huge," she laughed then.

"What?" he asked her.

"I just can't picture you as a professor kind of guy,"

"Why not? Should I be a businessman too," he easily got her pissed. "Ok am just kidding, I know am not a nerd kind but I love this so I guess there is absolutely nothing wrong in doing it,"

"I know I know, this is so right, am happy for you," she said smiling. "I better go, I don't want to take your time away, am sorry to intrude, I was just confirming it was you or somebody else, I was surprised to see you in there," she said in a hurry apologizing to Niall.

"Nah it's fine, listen, what are you doing this weekend?" he asked.

"Tristen is picking me up this evening. Going back to the apartment and spend the weekend there," she said.