"That is nice. I'm glad you have someone to speak to about those things. I realize that it's hard to find someone who understands. But at least you and Carter have each other now."

Orion nodded.

Lorena brushed her hair behind both ears sheepishly. "Also, do you mind if we talk about last night? I understand if you don't want to, but that was scary and maybe if you talk about it with someone, it will help."

Orion immediately put a wall up, and Lorena could see it in his eyes the second that he did.

"Orion-"

"No," he said gently. "I'm not going to speak with you about it."

"But why?"

Orion shook his head. "I can't burden you with these things. You wouldn't understand them. Please, for your sake, just leave it alone."

"Orion, I don't need protecting."

"Lorena." He grabbed her hand and looked her dead in the eyes, almost pleading with her, but demanding that she leave it alone. "That's enough about that."

Lorena sighed, knowing there was no point in arguing further. Orion was hellbent on leaving her out of it, and pushing him would just make things worse. She needed to respect his boundaries.

"Okay. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Naturally, you're worried about me, but I'll get help or figure it out on my own. There's no point in me dragging you along too."

He reached his hand up and brushed it against her cheek, causing her to blush and lean into it.

Orion pulled away and dug into his pockets. "Now, I understand that you were most likely looking for these this morning." He slammed the bottle of pills down onto the table, making Lorena flinch and frown at him, but she said nothing.

Orion searched her face to see what direction this conversation was going to go in, but she gave him a blank stare.

"Nothing to say? Okay. I'll start." He leaned in slightly. "I don't want to see you taking these pills ever again unless you're actually constipated or something. Understood?"

"Then I won't take them when you're around. Problem solved."

"I-" Orion pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation. "Lorena. You know exactly what I mean. Is this truly the hill you're choosing to die on?"

"Oh my god, I don't see the big deal. We're werewolves. We heal quickly and don't get sick easily. Those pills don't do anything but help me lose weight."

Orion groaned in frustration and then wildly gestured to her. "What weight?! Lorena, I think you have an eating disorder. Being a werewolf doesn't make you exempt from life. We are half human. We struggle too. If you truly think you're fat, which it is very clear to me that you aren't, then we actually have a deeper issue here."

Lorena bit down on the inside of her cheek and looked down at the table. "I don't have an eating disorder."

"Really? So you choose to shit out your insides almost five times a day in the name of what?" Orion sighed as he realized he was worked up and was being mean for no reason. "Babe, you're probably slightly underweight now. When was the last time you've been to the pack doctor?"

Lorena sighed. "You're not going to like the answer..."

"Let me guess, you haven't been since I sent you home?"

She nodded.

"Lorena, do you understand that I'm not trying to exert authority over you? I'm just worried and I think you need help. Do you get where I'm coming from?"

"I guess."

"What is it that you're not understanding, honey?" He stood and moved his chair until they were sitting side by side.

Lorena felt tears come to her eyes and almost spill over. This is not how she expected this argument to go. She thought they were going to get into a heated screaming match like they usually did, so Orion being somewhat gentle with her took her by surprise.

Orion wrapped his arm around her and she started crying. He rubbed her arm, trying to get her to calm down. "It's alright. Take your time."

Lorena sniffed and hid herself further in Orion's hold. "At first, it really was to lose weight. After you sent me back I had gained some because I wasn't as active. I didn't know how else to lose it and I had to pick up training again. After I got to my target weight, I couldn't stop. It became a habit. It doesn't feel good, but I'm so obsessed with losing weight that I can't stop."

"I'm so sorry you went through all that, baby. But there are other, better ways to lose weight. You've already hit and surpassed your target of weight loss and I don't think the laxatives are working the way you think they do. I'm sorry, but this stops today."

Lorena huffed and crossed her arms.

Orion noticed, but continued anyways. "You're throwing these pills down the toilet, then you're going to get yourself back to a healthy weight. Can I trust you to come to me when you feel yourself slipping?"

Lorena let out a little whimper as Orion tenderly ran his hand through her hair. "Mhm."

"Good girl."

Lorena's eyes widened at that. Her heart skipped a beat and she felt a sort of electric current run through her veins at his praise. She liked it. A lot.

Orion abruptly stood and Lorena frowned at the lack of his body heat and comfort.

"First things first: we're throwing those things down the toilet." Lorena groaned. "None of that. C'mon, up."

Lorena snatched the bottle from the table and slowly walked past Orion's taller frame, looking up at him.

He slapped her lightly on her ass to get her moving. "Let's go."

Lorena rolled her eyes and quickly walked to the guest bathroom, dumping the contents of the bottle into the toilet and flushing them. She threw the bottle into the garbage can and then looked back towards the door way where Orion was standing with his arms crossed.

She halfway smiled and then walked up to him, giving him a tight hug. He hugged her back just as tight and kissed the top of her head.

"Part of me hates you for making me do that, but thank you."

"I would do anything for you, even if it does make you hate me. I love you."

Lorena felt a warmth surrounding her body and she smiled. "I love you too, Orion."