Chapter 2

"Orders for table six and table nine!" The chef yelled as he passed me a bunch of plates. I quickly picked up pace, as I grabbed all of the plates, while answering.

"Yes chef!" Before I went over and gave the plates over to their respective tables.

Today is quite hectic, considering the amount of orders that just keep streaming in like an open flood gate. I wasn't even supposed to be working today, since I have to deal with school. But I managed to convince them that school wasn't an issue, and that I could still work a decent amount of time.

They were lucky that I decided to show up today, cause we are seriously undermanned. I've had to double as a chef and a waiter tonight, but it's still going surprisingly smoothly.

I returned to the counter, after handing out the plates, as I noticed that the TV was on. They were talking about the same old, The Guardian. It was starting to get on my nerves, since they always mention the same thing over and over again.

I was going to shut my ears from their words, until I heard something that caught my attention.

"Now the number one hero, All Might, would like to say a couple of things about The Guardian..." The reporter said, as the camera shifted over to a shot of All Might and a bunch of reporters.

"Everyone quiet down! All Might is talking about The Guardian!" I could hear the chef bellow, as he dropped whatever he was doing and left the kitchen. The entire diner went silent, as All Might began to speak.

"It's my great honor to stand here and talk about this incredible man, no, incredible hero... To the authorities, The Guardian will always be a vigilante... But let me say that this vigilante has accomplished more than most heroes ever will... Regardless of the situation, he never faltered, he never showed any sign of weakness. He was always there to help, and save those who needed saving. Even when he was chased by police, heroes, and villains, he didn't stop... I wish I could tell you all about him, what kind of person he was... But, sadly, we don't know nearly enough about him. What we know comes from the stories and statements from pro heroes, police, and civilians who had honor of speaking to this man... I am among those people... When I asked him if he was a hero, he answered: 'I'm no hero, I'm just a civilian who couldn't sit back and watch anymore.' I was shocked by his answer, but I kept going... I then asked why he never kills, he answered: 'Because everyone can be good. No matter how evil they seem to be, no matter what they've done, they can be good once more... They just need help, a push if you will...' Once again I was surprised, for his moral compass was true and just... I continued by asking why he was doing this, and he answered: 'Because, those with power have an obligation to shield those who don't... You should understand that, All Might'.... From these simple questions did I understand who this man was. He was a hero, in every aspect. He stood up when no one dared, challenged the devil, and he won. He showed everyone that the darkness can be defeated. He gave people hope. He was... A symbol of peace... But he also represented something greater... He showed, no, he embodied the fact that anyone, even the civilians, can be a hero... With that, I only have one more thing to say... I am here... paying my respects... To the greatest hero that ever lived..." All Might's speech finished, moving most of the people in the diner to tears. After a short silence I could hear applause from the Tv, which was amplified by everyone in the diner giving their own applause.

I was moved by All Might's speech, to a certain extent. But I was mostly infuriated.

All of these applause, these sobs, these mourns... It's like they're mocking me for my failures. I left him behind because he failed, he wasn't strong enough. Why can't people see that?! Why can't they move on?!... Why can't I... Move on?....