Eighteen

Alex

When my Dad dropped me at the dance, he didn't asked any questions.

I think he was satisfied by just the fact that his awkward son was finally acting like a high school student, like attending lame dances and making friends.

Only if he knew what my plan was for tonight.

I saw Charlie and Jessica entering the gym just before me, and it actually surprised me that she asked him to the dance because those two really don't have a friendly relationship.

Jessica must've convinced him somehow, no surprise there because I already knew Charlie was afraid of her.

Winston wasn't seen anywhere as I searched for him in the dancing crowd of high school students. Wherever I could see, hearts were visible at each and every wall of the gym which were more than enough to make me regret my decision of coming here.

But I didn't came for the stupid dance, I just came for Winston Williams, the person I had kissed yesterday.

"Yo! Alex!" Turning around I saw Zach by the bleachers waving at me. "Over here!"

I called Zach in the morning and convinced him to come to the dance. If by any chance Winston wouldn't want to hang out with me tonight I didn't wanted to look like a loner in the sea of all this affection.

Sitting near where he was leaning against the bleachers, my eyes still kept searching for a certain someone with probably a camera in hand.

Clay and Ani were dancing nearby, and I also saw Charlie pass by them with three cans of coke. Tony was accompanied by Tyler, where they were controlling the music of the party.

"So, remind me," Zach said, and I turned to look at him. "Why two cripples are at a dance?"

Classic Zach.

"Can you stop being a dick for two seconds?" I asked, at which he made a negative voice. "It's our last semester. We should be doing high school shit."

That's not a lie, to be honest. I was being a high school student by trying to hang around with my crush. That's something high school students do, right?

"Hm. Well, in that case..." Zach got a bottle out from his jacket, and took a sip of whatever alcoholic drink inside it.

If he continues like this, it wouldn't take long for Bolan to catch him drunk.

Once again I started looking within the crowd, and then I heard the sound of camera shutter.

There he was, Winston Williams, with his camera and clicking pictures.

Zach howled behind me and offered me the bottle.

"Um, no, I'm good." I hurriedly replied to him, and got up to meet Winston.

"Dude. Whoa, where are you going?" Zach got up and started following me. "Stop!"

"Ditching you." I answered to him, as he hide the bottle in his jacket again. "You're kind of cramping my style."

"What?" Zach literally squealed at that. "Are you serious?"

"Yes, you will be fine." I assured him. "Go work that Dempsey magic."

I wriggled my hands when I said 'magic', but it was enough to convince Zach.

"Oh, you mean a little of this Dempsey magic?" He asked, and started doing some dance moves. "Oh...Ah!"

I moved away from Zach's weirdness, and he thankfully saw Clay and Ani dancing nearby.

"Oh, look at these two lovebirds. They're just dancing it out on the floor."