Thirty-One

Charlie

It was finally Saturday evening, and I have just arrived at the Find Your Drink party.

Most of my teammates were already here and were busy getting wasted. I wasn't planning on getting drunk tonight, and neither getting laid as Luke has mentioned earlier.

Clay had managed to convince Cyrus and his friends to help the jocks host the party. I actually wonder about it because as far as I know, the nerds and the jocks doesn't have a great relationship to start with. But I think it was just because Clay requested them to, seeing he helped Tyler get better. 

And those guys are really protective of Tyler. Especially Cyrus.

But they did a great job of hiding the location of the party from parents, as everyone is now enjoying themselves without the worry of getting caught. 

My Dad still knew there was a party happening somewhere, but he doesn't care about it as long as I don't drink and drive anywhere.

Yup, I have a cool Dad.

I looked around the big house, trying to see who else made it here tonight. Estela and Jessica were standing together near the big piano in the living room, with the latter whispering something in Estela's ears. Jessica suddenly turned around, and for a slight second we locked eyes before Jake came and stood in front of me.

"Take this." He handed me a red cup with drink inside. "If you want a refill, kitchen's that way. We are gonna start a game so join in."

"Yeah, but I'm not..."

"Loosen up St. George!" Jake said, patted me on my shoulder and then walked away before I could return the cup. 

Great.

Deciding I should keep the cup back in the kitchen, I turned around and came face-to-face with Jessica.

"Charlie." She stated, glancing down at the cup. 

"Jessica." I said with the same tone. "I didn't expected you to attend a party hosted by... um... jocks?"

"Trust me, I wasn't planning on it myself." She sighed, then signaled towards the cup in my hand. "Are you planning on drinking that, or can I...?"

"Oh yeah, sure, go ahead." I handed her the cup and she too a small sip.

"I actually came tonight here for Estela." Jessica said, as I looked at her in confusion. "Do you know Winston talked with Diego and the others to hold a memorial or something for Monty tonight?"

"Yeah, I heard about it from Luke." I replied. "Diego has been talking to Winston more often these days. Should we be worried? And what do you mean you are here for Estela?"

"Winston approached her yesterday in school." Jessica informed me as I look alarmed. "I was there too. He introduced himself and said he was friends with Monty. Then spewed some bullshit about how he is a fan of me to show her that he is a nice guy."

Oh shit.

"He is the one who invited her here tonight. And she wanted me to come so I couldn't deny."

"If Winston tells Estela that he was with Monty that night," I said, thinking over everything. "She would also start digging."

"Exactly!" Jessica exclaimed, then realized she should probably talk in a lower pitch. "You are friends with her, right?"

I nodded at the fact.

"So can you like, warn her maybe?" Jessica asked. "I tried to tell her that he is not nice, but Winston gave a good first impression so it didn't worked out."