Sixteen

Alex

If I say I'm nervous, it would be an understatement.

I had just spent a whole hour after school going through my closet and trying to decide what I should wear tonight.

It's just Winston, so why am I taking this much efforts?

Because I care about what he thinks of me.

Wow, I didn't realise I have started talking to myself too.

Winston himself had asked me out today  and even if he didn't say it was a date, deep down I wanted it to be.

I like Winston, yes, and I'm not afraid to admit it to myself. I don't know what Winston thinks of me now, but he did gave a signal during the college tour.

And I'm hoping he hasn't changed his mind since.

Sighing to myself, I checked my alarm clock on the bedside table. It was just half past four, and Winston had said he will pick me up at exact 6'o clock.

I have choosen two final outfits that I could wear in the evening, and this was a great deal when you have mostly dark colour clothes which scream depression.

But now I had time to do my favourite thing.

Take a nap.

Unlike at night, I actually don't get any bad dreams whenever I took naps in daytime. So I always try to get some sleep during the day.

I set an alarm for half past five, layed down on my bed and closed my eyes. But being a high school student, you don't usually fall asleep right away because there are things you are overthinking about.

My thoughts drifted towards something that happened in the library today.

Winston and I had decided to study Spanish in library during our free period, and that's what we were doing when Clay decided to make an appearance.

I had seen Ani earlier where she sat at the nearby table, so he must've came to meet her. Then out of nowhere, Clay came walking towards Winston, a determined look clear on his face.

He stopped infront of Winston, then realised something and went towards a girl who was sitting on the ground. Her phone was ringing, which Clay abruptly grabbed from her hands and yelled 'Got you!' at her.

It was really weird of Clay to do that, and Ani gave an shitty explanation that Clay gets annoyed when someone breaks the no-cellphones in the library rule.

But I don't believe that.

I don't really know what was up with Clay. This semester is getting really weird with him acting like this. He acts normal most of the times, but then does something that is so not expected from him.

Jessica and Justin breaking up, Tyler hiding something, Tony fighting, Charlie being friendly with Estela, Zach's not giving a fuck about anything, Clay's random acts, and then here was I confused about which gender I exactly like.

Seems like Ani is the only one having a normal semester.

I don't know when I exactly felt asleep, but the next thing I remember was waking up to my phone ringing.

Winston was calling me, and when I saw the time I realised there were only ten minutes remaining for 6 pm.

"Hey, Winston," I said, checking my alarm clock which I had snoozed in my sleep. "What's up?"

"You sound sleepy." He replied, chuckling to himself. "Did I wake you up? We could do this someday later if you want."

"No, it's okay." I hurriedly said. "I was already awake."