ᴘʀᴏᴍ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

*Waring loves, this chapter is going to have some scenes of uncomfy interactions between our dear Cosette and a shadow from their past. These are along the lines of sexual harassment and unwanted interactions, such as kissing. If you need to skip this chapter due to these themes feel free, it won't truly affect the rest of the story. I provided these flashback chapters to help you get to know our dear Cosette and their past to understand their choices in the future. *

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go another start to another year. Going into my junior year you would think that things would start looking up. That can't be true, can it though, no, life enjoys these curveballs and low blows. I was starting to look forward to my junior year, I was such a fan of school dances. I'm not the most social person. When it comes to jamming out with my friends in nice clothes, I come out of that shell a bit. I looked forward to prom and had this picturesque vision of what it would be like. I wasn't necessarily disappointed in the prom itself, but I ended up disappointed anyway. I went as I had to every other dance in high school, with Jennie. We always had a blast when we went to dances, together whose prom was no different. No, what happened after prom is what disappointed me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was disappointed in the party, the people there, and myself. Jennie and I were still friends but I could start to feel our friendship slipping away. That's okay though, life is ever-changing, and growing up, or growing apart, is a normal thing to do.  She was more into parties and partaking in activities, I didn't really see the need to. I was happy to go along with her as an observer. I wanted to live the full high school experience and I wanted to support her fully.  So when she said she wanted to go to a party after prom I agreed. I wasn't feeling the party at all. The moment we walked up to the house I wanted to turn around and leave. Now could that be because of bad vibes or social anxiety, I like to think it's a healthy mix of both. Or should I say unhealthy? Either way, I was not vibing.

I couldn't leave, though we just got there and Jennie was excited to enjoy the party. We went inside and I simply followed her around, we ended up in the garage with a group of people, she knew some of them. They were drinking and smoking weed, Jennie participated while I declined. I was down to smoke and drink a little but I preferred to do it in a setting where I felt comfortable. This definitely wasn't it. Jennie then got offered by this guy to go out to his car to smoke some more. I was against this idea for two main reasons: we don't know this guy, and we don't know this guy and he wants us to get into his car. Jennie ended up just going anyways. I was standing in the doorway between the kitchen and living room, watching a group of boys playing "beer pong". Though I'm sure that it wasn't beer in those cups, either way, they seemed to be enjoying themselves.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was starting to get anxious when Jennie hadn't come back inside, so I pulled my phone to text her. I sent her a few texts, and she hadn't answered, I started to become worried. I was about to walk out when it happened. I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. Completely frozen in place. I looked around at everyone and no one seemed to notice my distress. I grew even more panicked when he started to kiss my neck and tightening his grip, like a constrictor to its prey. Again I looked around for someone to help me, that's when I locked eyes with one person. When I looked at him I pleaded with my eyes I saw him open his mouth, I believed to help me. I was shocked to find that he wasn't trying to help me. No, he proceeded to cheer on the guy who had coiled around me and ignored my distress.

I knew at this moment that no one was going to help me, I had to help myself. I grabbed onto his arms and pulled as hard as I could, eventually I pulled them off of me. When I turned to face him, I was met with breath that reeked of alcohol, he definitely appeared drunk. That's no excuse though, drunk or not this random boy shouldn't have approached someone they don't know in such a way. When I looked up to look him in his eyes, he smiled down at me, "No reason to be mad, we were having fun, weren't we" I was shocked that he had the audacity to say such a thing. He then pulled his arms out of the mine and placed his hands on my waist. I wanted to punch him, but I didn't get the chance. A friend of his came over and pulled him off of me and profusely apologized, I just stared at them as he was dragged out. I walked outside, prepared to leave as Jennie was walking back towards the house.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was walking over to me all happy until she saw my face, then she started to hurry over to me. "Cosette? Is everything alright? Did something happen?" Jennie attacked me with questions. I brought my eyes up to look into hers, took a deep breath, and right as I went to speak I started to cry. I ran to her and wrapped my arms around her and she did the same back, we stayed for like for a little while until I pulled back. "When I was in there this guy he came up and started kissing my neck, I tried to get a hold of you but you didn't get my messages" I sniffled a little, " I looked around for help and people just cheered him on." And then I think I saw the embodiment of pure rage come across Jennie's face before she started to storm towards the house. Knowing that it wouldn't help to yell at all of them, I grabbed her arm. She turned to look at me now confused, " He left already J, his friends dragged him home and those people in there aren't to blame for his actions. Can we please just go home?" she let out a deep breath and nodded.

We walked a little ways away from the house and waited for my mom to come to pick us up and take us back to my house. Jennie kept rubbing circles on my back but if I'm being honest I wanted to swat her hand away, I didn't really want to be touched. That didn't happen though I know that it was making her feel better, so I let her. When my mom got us she asked why we wanted to leave early and I simply said the party wasn't as fun as we hoped it would be. We ended up spending the rest of the night watching scary movies and eating junk food. Prom night was great and I had a lot of fun, it's sad to know that one thing could ruin such a great memory.

↼---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------⇀

AN:

Hey loves, how are you enjoying the story so far? I know we are only in the background stuff right now but the next chapter is the last flashback before we get to meet the Cullens.

I have been thinking I also have AO3. Do you think I should post my story there too? Let me know your thoughts.

Hope you all enjoy the story! It updates every Sunday and the next chapter has already been written. Feel free to leave comments, I'll read them! Have a great day and stay safe love.