ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ ᴘᴛ. 𝟷

*Waring loves, this chapter is going to have some scenes of uncomfy interactions between our dear Cosette and a shadow from their past. These are along the lines of sexual harassment and unwanted interactions, such as kissing. Also, trigger warning that there is a theme of grooming in this chapter. If you need to skip this chapter due to these themes feel free, it won't truly affect the rest of the story. I provided these flashback chapters to help you get to know our dear Cosette and their past to understand their choices in the future. Cosette is canonical non-binary, but at this point in the story they identify as a cis-girl*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                       

Finally, middle school was over and it was the summer before high school was going to start. If I am being completely honest with myself, I wasn't excited for high school. Unlike my friends who all were looking forward to it. I was never a big fan of the school, don't get me wrong, though I was a good student. Always got my work done and turned in and got good grades (most of the time). That being said, I hated actually going to school. I would be absent quite a lot, I really wanted to be in an online school, but my dad was adamantly against it. He said that it wasn't normal to do and I would turn out to be an introverted person that hated social situations. (jokes on you, dad, that happened anyway)

Remember when I said I was a hopeless romantic yeah well here's another example but it's not good, even remotely. Not to quote Avril, but he was 17/18, and I was 14/15 when this takes place. Before we get into that, it would be helpful to know my history with this boy and to see how this was quite the story. His name was Sam, he had attended my elementary to middle school at the same time as my sister and me. My sister and Sam were in the same grade. Be that as it may, I remember having a crush on him since I was in 4th grade, I really was quite infatuated with him. Every day on the bus ride home I would sit next to him when he would let me. When we were on the same side of the school I would try to hang with him. It often got his friends joking about it and saying I was like a lost puppy but I didn't pay attention. I was just happy to be around him. Though I didn't hang out with him that much during school hours. As I got older he let me sit with him more often, my little heart enjoyed it. I was happy to have this boy who was older than me paying attention to me and treating me like I was special.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember one day on the bus I was sitting there when another boy on the bus had proceeded to make fun of my last name. It had made me cry and all I wanted was to be home. He kept going until he stopped mid-sentence. I looked up and that's when I saw Sam, and he was giving the boy a death glare and proceeded to sit with me. When we got to his stop he woke me up, I hadn't even realized I had fallen asleep on him until that moment. My heart did a few skips that he had let me sleep on him, though at this point I had accepted that he viewed me as a little sister. We had other moments like this, where he would come to defend me or would show me such kindness. We had a fall field day, and he was on my team, and he proceeded to ensure we were partners for every game. At the time that didn't seem odd or out of place but looking back now I can see it was possessive and weird. He would get mad if he saw me with other boys or if I tried to partner with someone else. These could all be brushed off as the older brother trying to protect his little sister. Things got even worse when he entered high school.

He played football and would often have games at the high school, he would often invite me to come to watch him play. I had grown close to his family, and they always welcomed me with open arms. In my mind I was imagining this being more than it was, he simply wanted his little sister to watch him play. It would be a lie to say I was hoping it was more. I was a child craving attention and love, he provided that, how could I not wish that. He would get girlfriends and I would meet them at games, talk with them. He would often wave to me in the crowd, and when his games were over he would always hug me first. I started to notice this and I think his girlfriends did because they never stuck around long. I had started going to these games when I was in 6th grade. My parents were as oblivious as I was to what was really going on all this time. I think my sister Mary might have thought something was up, but she had a lot to deal with herself, so maybe she didn't.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now back to the day that all of these harmless interactions turned. The signs were in my face, but I was like a deer in the headlights of a semi-truck, and I was about to be hit, hard. He had messaged me asking me to come over and hang out with him because his girlfriend had broken up with him. I remember thinking nothing of it and agreeing to come over and hang out with him.  When my mom had dropped me off at his house she told me, " Make sure not to do anything I wouldn't want you doing," I think she was finally starting to get a picture of what was happening. She was just warning me since it was my first time spending time at a boy's house.  He was working on his truck at the time, I did mention I lived in a country town right, and he had to drive it around to fix it. He happened to be driving up his driveway when I got there, so I got out and got in with him.

We just sat in his truck as he drove up and down his driveway. That was until he started to tell me all about his girlfriend and why they broke up. I was incredibly nervous, the whole time being alone with him. He had placed his hand on the center divider and seemed to be really upset so I went to hold his hand and did. I took his hand in mine. I felt bad he was sad and a small part of me wanted to hold his hand to see what it would feel like. At that moment he instantly perked up and told me he was so happy I had placed my hand in his. I was starting to feel a little uncomfortable but I just went with it cause I didn't see any harm in it.  We eventually got out of his truck and went into his house where I greeted his mom, dad, and brother. His brother had joined us to eat some mac'n'cheese (honestly the best part of that whole day). He decided that we should go outside for his brother and him to shoot their guns.

↼---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------⇀

AN:

Hope you all enjoy the story! It updates every Sunday and the next few chapters have already been written. Feel free to leave comments, I'll read them! Have a great days and stay safe love.