•FOURTY EIGHT•

Start from the beginning

She shrugged. "It's still home in a way."

"This is hardly our home. Father destroyed any touch of family." He spat, she hardly ever heard her brother angered.

"Perhaps we save this discuss for later." She mocked.

"You humour me greatly." He glanced at her.

She opened the dining hall, ending whatever conversation between them. They all turned to face her, before Constantine made his way in, his face unreadable.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance gentlemen." Constantine said, arms locked behind his back.

"This is my brother, Constantine he will be joining us for breakfast." Conscious shifted her gaze between her brother and the boys.

She could tell they were shocked at his appearance, platinum blonde hair, white eyes, red lips but skin as pale as snow. He was definitely not human nor wizard.

"Master Jones! Trinket set table for you here!" Trinket smiled.

"Dear, no need for such formality." Constantine flashed a white smile, before moving to sit at the head of the table, next to Abraxas on his left and Conscious joining him on his right next to Tom.

Constantine looked at the food, he hadn't eaten in decades. The smells of the world being fresh to him. Picking up a fork he pocked at the berries placed infront of him eating it. He looked up to see all eyes on him.

"Should I say grace before eating?" Constantine asked. Conscious kicked his foot underneath, holding in a laugh.

"Are you really from the moon?" Avery popped the question everyone was thinking.

Constantine looked at him before nodding. "I am, Avery isn't it?" Avery nodded unaware how he knew his name. "I know all of you, I've watched you all as children to protect the wishes and hopes. That sounded rather odd yes, but I am a guardian. Children are such strange creatures, you all had such hopes when you were young. I believe Avery you wished to be like your father in every manor."

"Constantine that's enough do not read the minds of my friends." Conscious scolded.

"It's my job to. You all looked at me as children, wishing for something you wished to me." Constantine continued.

"My wishes hardly came true." Tom finally spoke, his gaze never left the elder as he entered.

"Wishes come true to those who seek it. It's one thing to wish for something but it's those who wish and seek out the power of their dreams who succeed." Constantine explained, his white eyes piercing Tom's green ones. "A pilot, wasn't it? You wish to fly plans at the age of four."

Tom's eyes harden, Conscious knew what her brother was doing trying to get a reaction to prove his stupid point.

"Yes I use to but perhaps wishing non stop made me realize how stupid it is to spend a childhood wishing to nothing." Tom snapped standing up abruptly.

He was angered that this man knew everything Tom had wished and begged for, wishing for his father to come and save him, wishing a family would one day take him in, wishing for a friend instead of constantly being bullied. He would beg for things he could only dream of getting, yet here he was. Wishes and dreams completely emptied. He knew that it was stupid to spend a childhood wishing when nothing good will ever come from a few words. It took power and determination not a moon to achieve goals.

Constantine didn't react however he simply sat, face blank and twirly his fork in his hand. He knew exactly why Tom was upset, he knew what Tom had always wished for but he knew Tom's nature. He knew the second Tom didn't get what he wanted, Tom would turn into a vile boy. If he didn't get to read his book, he'd cause pain to the caretakers. It took belief, not power to become great.

"Nothing?" Constantine repeated, his eyes still locked tight with Tom's. Everyone at the table was on edge, Conscious really hated her brother at times. "I can assure you boy, I am far more greater than nothing."

"Constantine that's enough." Conscious snapped, standing up as well.

Though his white eyes never found her blue, his gaze completely fixed on Tom. "Now dear sister, I'm only trying to see if he is.. suitable for you that's all."

Tom's eyes flashed red, raising his wand up. "I can assure you i'm more than suitable."

"Really?" Constantine grinned, he may be a good guy but he sure as hell could be his fathers son.

"Tom don't put your wand down, Constantine get up now." Conscious demanded. None of them did what she asked, ignoring her practically.

"Tom, put the wand down." Zevi said, standing up now.

"Come on Tom, why don't you show my sister exactly what your capable of." Constantine continuing to pock at him. "All those wishes never would've come true, you were born for darkness. Nothing would've changed that; no family, no friends you would still end up here."

"You know nothing about me." Tom spat, wand still raised.

"Constantine enough!" Conscious yelled, raising her own hand a fire starting within her palm. "Leave! Now!"

Her brother eyes flickered from her blue back to Tom's, he stood before stabling his fork into the table. "You're making a mistake sister."

"The only mistake I see here is you, you always say I am exactly like father but look at you." She sneered at him. He releases the fork before straightening up.

"If you pick him over me I will not be here to protect you any longer Conscious." Constantine warned.

"She won't need you, dear brother for I will forever protect her. And everyone else in this room will always stand for her safety." Tom spat, putting his wand down, wrapping an arm around her waist. He knew her temper was worse than his.

"Leave now Constantine I won't ask again."

Constantine grinned again, "Goodbye then sister."

He raised a hand, white and blue soaring from his hand wrapping himself disappearing in a ball of bright white light crashing through the window and back up to the stars and moon.

Her fire was now put out before she turned to Tom, hugging him.

"And I thought The Black family had interesting meals."