4- canes and canteens

(a double upload?! wow, im really spoiling yall. dont worry, you deserve it. make sure you read the previous chapter before this one!)

"you can do that?" n'doul asked, looking at you with a hopeful expression.

"yep! remember? i just need your remnant -the thing youre bound to- and you can go wherever i go! you can explore your home country while we find everyone else, and after that we can go to england, mexico, italy, japan, america, and so many more places!"

n'douls clear eyes lit up as a bright smile stretched his face. "really?! you can take me anywhere?"

"yeah! anywhere someone died, i can take you there!"

"this is amazing!" he giggled, jumping up and down like a child, the water he was made of sloshing around with his movements. "ok- what do i have to do?"

you cracked your knuckles, looking towards caesar and sending him a friendly wink. "i just gotta know where your remnant is, buddy."

"uhm... i dont know what it is, or where... sorry.." he murmured, looking at the ground, clearly embarrassed.

"thats ok!" you reassured, making sure you were ready to go before beginning to walk forward. "lots of ghosts dont know what their remnant is, and that's alright. we dont often pay attention to a lot of things when were alive, though we subconsciously make a connection with them. kind of like how you will search for that specific pen that you like, even if its the same as all the others you own. now, to help and maybe narrow down our search, what was something you always had with you?"

n'doul looked to the bright sky in thought, digging through his memory. "well.. i always had a canister to store my stand in-"

"stand? what stand?" you interjected, completely forgetting that his document mentioned him having such a power.

"ah, this is my stand, geb, which is made up of water." he hummed, gesturing to himself. "im going to assume that you have a stand as well, seeing as how an ordinary person wouldn't be able to see the undead."

"bingo~!" you replied sarcastically, grinning as you adjusted your cap. "but, im a bit tired, so it'll take a lot of energy to manifest him for ya."

n'doul sighed, caesar looking completely lost at the mention of stands. "so, you mean you wont show us your stand?"

"correct. yep. uh-huh. absolutely. definitely. yes. bingo. right. ja. si. oui. need i go on?" you grumbled, rolling your eyes.

"no, i think we got the point.... so, what's a stand?" caesar asked, following behind you with n'doul as you trekked into the dry desert.

"that is an explanation for another time, caesarino!" you giggled, making caesar jolt. "right now, we're looking for n'douls remnant. and, speaking of which, do you remember anything you were particularly attached to while you were alive?"

"oh- right!" n'doul stammered, picking up his pace to walk next to you. "i always wore some drapes to protect me from the sun, carried a canteen for my stand, and..."

you snapped your fingers, pausing your walking to look at the man. "you were blind, right? didnt you have a cane?"

the sudden realization hit n'doul right in the face, nearly making him explode from embarrassment. "y..yeah. i dont know why that wasnt the first thing that came to mind."

"its alright.. do you happen to know where it is?" you asked, your shovel once again dropping into your hand from thin air.

while caesar was having a meltdown from being unable to figure out how you kept summoning a shovel, n'doul led you to about fifty feet forward, gesturing to an area of settled sand. "i believe its been buried underneath the sand due to time. it should be right here, i believe. though, i must ask.. how are you going to carry it with you? its a cane, not a button or a ribbon."